“Great Quiet Dinner”

The Terrace at The Charlotte Inn
Reserve with OpenTable
The Terrace at The Charlotte Inn is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #4 of 69 Restaurants in Edgartown
Transit: MVTA Church Street / Downtown Edgartown
New York City, New York
“Great Quiet Dinner”
Reviewed 15 July 2014

Decor was reminiscent of an old lodge but very quaint for a perfect meal. Very god food and cooked our steak to perfection (we like it Blu). Great atmosphere for a romantic very upscale dinner in Edgartown, one of the best we had on the island. Remember to book your reservation early.

Visited July 2014

Greenwich, CT
“Not so great”
Reviewed 8 July 2014

We sat outside in a delightful garden. Very glad we did, as inside appeared to be quiet - like a morgue, and I'm not sure we'd have enjoyed ourselves much if we'd felt the need to be absolutely quiet inside. It's a very nice setting, very peaceful, and we had plenty of space. There were four of us, and my daughter and I both ordered the filet, medium ($47). When it came, mine was more like medium well, but I can live with that. My daughter's steak was well done, to the point of being burnt in places. Reluctantly we sent it back. When they brought a replacement, it was raw inside - not just pink, but cold to the touch. The server seemed embarrassed as she took it back again. Eventually they brought it out again, and this time it was edible. I don't normally complain about restaurants, and I hardly ever send food back, but for a high end restaurant to utterly fail to cook steak properly like this is inexcusable. We asked the waiter if the chef was new, and he said no, but the line chef is, and he said the steak should never have left the kitchen in that condition, referring to the almost raw steak.
So overall we were disappointed. My daughter eventually ate her steak, by which time we'd eaten our food and so she ate alone. She had understandably somewhat lost her appetite by then. They didn't charge us for her steak, which is the least they could do, but I doubt we will go back, despite what is a lovely setting.

• Visited July 2014
3 Thank wjr06831
Marion, CT
“Still the Best”
Reviewed 9 March 2014

We went to The Terrace last night, and it is still the best in Edgartown. We always feel that we are visiting a friend's home rather than a restaurant. The food is always excellent and the setting is still by far the most beautiful and elegant in the Vineyard. It was slow with only a few couples, which was typical for a mid-March winter evening, and this made it even more quiet and wonderful than usual. The staff is very attentive and friendly and make you feel at home in theirs. The bread is baked on site and was a great start. The cranberry bread was the favorite with fresh baked, crisp crust. We had the chicken and the pasta dishes and both were perfect. We topped it off with a wonderful chocolate dessert and coffee in the Green Room by the fire surrounded by fine antiques and oil paintings. Our winter troubles seemed to melt away. It doesn't get any better than this.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank WPMarionCT
Yorba Linda, California
“Wonderful winter night”
Reviewed 7 March 2014

The winter is one of those times on the Vineyard where you can enjoy the quality of a terrific place but the absolute quiet of winter. This was our first time at the Terrace and we will return. Everything was perfect. An incredibly nice inn with a great dinner. The lamb was outstanding, and everything else about dinner was very good. Service was friendly and while the prices are not inexpensive, fine dining in Edgartown is pricey. This was arguably the best meal we had during our week away in Edgartown. We will come back again for what we thought was excellent food and service beyond our expectations!

• Visited March 2014
King of Prussia, Pennsylvania
“What a rip off”
Reviewed 3 January 2014

Went there New Year's Eve...I know, I should have known better...but this place was so highly recommended that I was shocked when I was served a large piece of fatty meat that was suppose to be an end cut of Prime Rib. An adjustment was made to the bill when I just about embarrassed the staff into doing such. I believe that this institution has seen much days and is still thriving on the beautiful décor and mirage of what was perhaps once a wonderful restaurant.

George L.