“Food Not the Greatest”

Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Ft. Worth, TX
“Food Not the Greatest”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

Parking in the back of building a little scant and dicey. Had about a 30 min wait for a late breakfast, but it was understandable because they were quite busy. Wait staff was very nice and helpful. Food was nothing to write home about. My strawberry pancakes and the home style potatoes were pretty good, but my bacon was practically burnt. We were very surprised that they would present it like that. Husband's mushroom/Swiss omelet was a bit dry and tasteless - barely any Swiss cheese in it. Too bad because it is a darling and comfortable place.

• Visited August 2014

Providence, Rhode Island
“Second time even better - really great”
Reviewed 31 July 2014

Lucky Hank's has a menu that has something for everybody. The chicken pot pie was delicious with plenty of chicken. Two of our group had the incrusted cod that was delightful. Portions are plentiful and will presented. The wait staff was a real treat: attentive, courteous, prompt and friendly.

Providence, Rhode Island
“WOW! What a great place….”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

I was on The "vineyard" for the last couple of weeks and had the pleasure of discovering this wonderful place! My fellow travelers and I Stopped in for breakfast and were delighted!! The place is so cheery and bright with a open air porch which was perfect for breakfast. The wait-staff is some of the most genuinely pleasant and professional people I have ever experienced.

Now, lets get to the food….What can I say, it was great! Local farm fresh eggs, piled with lobster, and covered with hollandaise sauce on and english muffin….mmmmm, crisp bacon and home-fries mixed with both white and sweet potatoes. We like it so much we returned several more times for breakfast and twice for dinner!

Very unique!

Boston, USA
“Super food in a comfortable atmosphere”
Reviewed 30 July 2014

This was our second visit to Lucky Hank's, the first one was in August of 2013. Both were very similar: a nice walk through the garden from the parking lot in back to the entrance in front. A kind greeting when we arrived, whether or not we had a reservation. A table for two in a small, high ceiling room with local art on the walls and wood tables. Seating is on benches with pillows along the walls, and on wood chairs with matching seat cushions.
Service has been excellent both times we visited. Menus right away, drink orders (only beer, wine and wine-based cocktails), food orders and away we went. The wine list is short, but varied. The beer list is good with a number of local craft beers. It's a little odd to drink wine from a ball jar, but it tastes just fine.
The food is just excellent. Last night, we split fantastic lobster bisque (strong lobster flavor, little flour thickening, no sherry) and warm, rich artichoke and spinach dip which was white with cheese, not green with spinach. Another visit, we loved the cod cakes. My wife has had the scallops twice, once with fantastic lemon risotto, and once with a very fine lobster risotto. Only four scallops, but large and perfectly cooked. Plenty of rich risotto to make it a real entree. I had blackened mahi-mahi: a nice big piece of fish with a mild spice coating served over a savory fresh succotash with fresh corn, beans, carrots, and other veggies. That alone could have been a meal, but the fish was perfectly cooked and very tasty.
We haven't had room for dessert yet, but the peach pie next to us last night looked and sounded really good.
We hung around enjoying tea and conversation for quite a while. The main dining room and the screen porch behind it emptied out early, but nobody rushed us out. Just a nice dinner out that left us feeling well taken care of.

• Visited July 2014
“Great breakfast, brunch and lunch”
Reviewed 26 July 2014 via mobile

It is about 1/2 mile out if the main town, which can keep the crowds down and allowed us to sit right down around 1 pm for lunch on a Saturday during high season. I had the field green salad with lobster salad on the side, and would definitely order it again. My husband had the vegetable pita and loved it. The coffee was so good I had two cups ( free refill ) which I almost never do. The breakfast food I saw at other tables looked great, with large portions.