“Grab a window seat and relax” 4 of 5 bubbles

Seafood Shanty
Ranked #2 of 67 Restaurants in Edgartown
Price range: US$10 - US$30
Cuisines: American, Seafood, Sushi, Soups
Good for: Special Occasion Dining, Kids, Local cuisine, View, Child-friendly, Bar Scene, Cheap Eats, Groups
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, After-hours, Free Wifi, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: Join us for delicious dining on the beautiful Edgartown Harbor.
“Grab a window seat and relax”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 July 2014 via mobile

We dined here for lunch after a bike ride from Oak Bluffs. The weather was nice enough to sit outside but we opted for a nice table near the window perfect for watching the boats and passersby. We had a light lunch - clam chowder and salmon rolls from the sushi menu. The chowder was filling and fresh-tasting with chunks of clams. The sushi was fresh with a hint of spice. Service was friendly and the atmosphere was comfortable and quiet during our visit. I'll return for the chowder and more on my next visit to MV.

New
“Well worth the visit!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014 via mobile

I have been going to the Shanty for well over 10 years and always have a good experience. The food is not the best on the island however the drinks are cold, views are great and the service is good. A great spot for meeting up with friends and having a drink and light fare.

Visited July 2014
Seattle Washington
“Top Deck”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 July 2014

Upon arriving in Edgartown this was my first dinner, my favorite spot in previous years is as good as ever. This was the first of two visits while in Edgartown for the Fourth of July. If you want a view of Edgartown Harbor, head for the upstairs deck. From there you can see the On Time Chappy ferry, the sailboats in the harbor and experience a welcome breeze.

The menu has seafood items but I felt like a chicken burger with fries. I told my personable server Cameron I was really hungry. My diet Coke came immediately and in five minutes my open-faced chicken burger with lettuce, tomato and melted cheese appeared with long plentiful fries. The entire meal was luscious. Really appreciated the free refills on Coke, too. Yup, the Seafood Shanty is Top Deck for food, service and view.

• Visited July 2014
Boston
“Great view with good food.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 July 2014

This restaurant has good views of the harbor, especially if seated on the balconies. The clam chowder was great! The Cesar salad and Greek salad were as expected. They had tasty rolls and the service was efficient and pleasant. I would recommend for lunch.

• Visited July 2014
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank world_citizen61
New York
“Fantastic!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2014 via mobile

My friends and I were on the Vineyard for 4th of July weekend & had a fantastic time at the Shanty! We were there for the fireworks and had great cocktails and unbeatable service. Two servers who called themselves, "Damzen" were a riot with their outrageous outfits and fun personalities. What a true experience! We will definitely go back for the sunset, food, and a delicious cocktail.