“Good food”

Dining options: Dinner, Reservations
Ocean City, New Jersey
“Good food”
Reviewed 29 June 2013

Food was good. Went here for lunch and was a little confused with the ordering process. They have a take out window with some picnic tables set up in the parking area and also indoor seating. Since it was a hot, sunny day we opted to eat indoors. Went in for a table and was told to place the order at the take out window then come in for a table. Found that a little strange but it won't stop us from going back.

Visited June 2013

“My absolute favorite vineyard restaurant.”
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I've been coming to Square Rigger for several years, during several seasons and have never been disappointed. I practically order the same meal every time I go, which shows that they are consistent.

• Visited May 2013
Martha's Vineyard, Massachusetts
“Disappointed, again...”
Reviewed 4 March 2013

I'm sorry I have to do this but... in the past we have always counted on this restaurant for a good dinner. But the last three times, but in particular the last two times, the experience has been bad. The food totally unacceptable. Not only did it take 25 minutes to get our drinks but the wait for the meal was hours!! And when the dinners came, my husband's prime rib was uncooked (sent back and heated up in what looked like boiling water to come back just as rare) and my dinner, because his took so blessed long, was cold. The sauce had kind of solidified-
We had to complain to the manager, who I must say was great. She was shocked and told us that we did not have to pay for the dinners, but we did have to pay for the drinks and the tip...fine. she really was very apologetic, which was nice of her. So we went back a month later, with our two children, thinking that perhaps they had just had a bad night- it happens. We decided this time, though, to get appetizers and drinks- no entrees.
I had been looking forward to it all day- trying to think of a fun drink to have since we were going out and we had the kids home, festive right? Well I ordered a Long Island Iced Tea thinking it would be fun and festive, how often do you get to have one of those!! It was bourbon and club soda!!! Disappointed in a big way- but I just couldn't bare to complain...I sipped on it but I felt a little angry about it- this place isn't cheap, the drinks and food should be quite good.
The appetizers were eh...nothing special-
So I am afraid we will not be going back for a very long time.
Is there a new chef there? What's changed? Maybe us...

• Visited March 2013
New York City, New York
“No Square Deal at this Restaurant”
Reviewed 28 October 2012 via mobile

This restaurant is "square"...like stuck in the sixties.

Let me keep it simple, order only two items at this restaurant....lobster or prime rib. Don't waste your money on anything else.

This restaurant charges the same prices as many if the very upscale restaurants in Edgartown; but falls far short on food quality and value.

If you are looking for a square deal at this restaurant, you will be extremely disappointed.

2 Thank TraveljohnsonJ
North East, Maryland
“Consistently Wonderful food!”
Reviewed 3 October 2012

We have been visiting Martha's Vineyard every fall for many years. We are never disappointed when we eat at the Square Rigger. The Swordfish is amazing -- will probably go back for another taste before heading home to Maryland.

Fall squash dish is outstanding too. Yum!

• Visited September 2012