“Good food and services”

Cuisines: American, British
Good for: Bar Scene, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, After-hours
Reviewed 5 August 2014 via mobile

You don't have too many options while on Martha's Vineyard but if you choose Newes you will not be disappointed. I are there for all three meals of the day and enjoyed each one of them. The price is what can be expected for being on the island but not to outrageous. The services is good but they are all from Romania or the Ukraine. Highly recommend it.

Reviewed 30 July 2014 via mobile

Have been to the Newes a couple times over two trips to MV. It is usually one of the best meals we have and is the most reasonably priced for a family. Great place.

Reviewed 28 July 2014 via mobile

We ate here tonight and were terribly disappointed. Given the crowds at the door one would think this was a restaurant worth visiting. Unfortunately it was anything but.
Let's start with the good. Ok, so now that we've covered that let's start with the concerns - our daughter has a peanut allergy and despite explicitly asking if a specific entree was safe and being assured it was, they brought a modified version of the entree out - one that had to be sent back - we had to wait more than a half hour for a hot dog. While our food sat on the table getting cold. We also waited that same period for another beer. That's not to mention our food - and that at the table next to us - being completely wrong.
In short - there are too many other decent places in Edgartown - don't waste your time at this place.

2  Thank JMB2326
Reviewed 24 July 2014

We were seated in the bar area by the bathroom, which wasn't great, but they parked our stroller for us inside. My husband got a beer and a hamburger, he said it was amazing, my stepmother got a chicken sandwich, she loved it, and I got a veggie burger, it was very good. They have a kid's menu too. We will go back, but we'll ask to sit in a different area.

1  Thank shocte
Reviewed 23 July 2014

Let me start with the positives: Love the old world pub atmosphere, and our server was very sweet and attentive. The food was decidedly mediocre. My daughter and I are fish and chips junkies, and this fish was way overly battered and the actual fish was small and dry. My wife and oldest daughter had french onion soups and salads, which were good. My son had the grilled cheese which he termed "pretty good".