Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Harborside Inn(Edgartown)
Harbor Landing(Vineyard Haven)
View Hotel
Nashua House Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
Summercamp Hotel(Oak Bluffs)
View Hotel
Vineyard Harbor Motel(Vineyard Haven)
Mansion House(Vineyard Haven)
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)
View Hotel
All reviewsstop shopcontinental breakfastno elevatorroom safemartha's vineyardclean bathroomattached restaurantstay there againclose to downtownbusiness centertwo queen bedsyogurtfirst floorcleaning staffmicrowaveislandprinter
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 13 June 2012

The rooms were clean, large, and comfortable. The one thing I did notice were the floors were wooden - so foot traffic in the rooms above could be heard. So if you go to bed early or if there are late nite clog dancers above you, this may bother you.

A pet peeve was present at this hotel. There is a separate $1.50 charge for a room safe added to cost of the room per night. I'd be OK if I used the thing, but you get charged no matter what. Why not include/hide it in the room cost? It's like traveling to Germany to pick up your new BMW at the factory only to find out they didn't fill up the tank with gas. I feel the same way when hotels charge "resort fees". I don't like to feel nickled and dimed.

Room Tip: Avoid the rooms at the front of the hotel near the road. They can be noisy. One room of the front rooms opens directly into the lobby area of the restaurant/bar. Another room's window is just outside the back entrance to the restaurant. There is also a room within earshot of the front desk and breakfast area. Better to ask for a second floor room towards the back of the hotel.
  • Stayed: May 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 25 April 2012

Clean room, friendly staff. All we ask for. The continental breakfast was very basic. The parking lot can be crowded at times since the hotel has a restaurant as well. No complaints which is a great thing.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank NhTravelinfamily
Reviewed 29 March 2012

I have stayed at the Clarion in Edgartown now on four separate occasions in the past year, all for one or two night business trips. Each time I have stayed here I have never had a problem with my reservation, rate or check-in. Staff are extremely friendly, knowledgeable and accomodating. I have stay in various rooms within the hotel and have always found them to be extremely clean, well stocked with the proper/expected ammenities and heating or air conditioning to work as expected. The wireless internet has always worked very also. The free continental breakfast, although on the small side surely has something for everyone to get you through the morning, from coffe and juice to cereal, pastries, muffins or toast. In addition the Clarion is located next to a Stop N Shop grocery store, a pizza place, Dairy Queen Ice Cream bar (DQ), Sharky's Mexican food pub/restaurant and a package store. There are also several decent restaurants within walking distance, not to exclude the Clarion's own Grille, which is nice and pub. I can't say a bad word about the Clarion and think you will likewise find it more than comfortable, clean and nicely located.

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Peppppy
Reviewed 17 October 2011

We visited Martha's Vineyard with our son, and this hotel was exactly what we wanted. It was reasonably priced for Edgartown and well located. It's very close to the restaurants and shopping, but at the edge of the town where there's room for a parking lot next to the building. Our room was spacious. It had two double beds, a dresser, two chairs, a large table, and plenty of extras--mini fridge, microwave, etc. The room was tastefully decorated, and everything was clean. (A recent reviewer says the rugs were old, but this is not what we found.) The bathroom was comfortable, and it had a long stone counter--good for everyone's toothbrushes, etc. The woman who welcomed us at the front desk was especially enthusiastic, and she gave us two helpful guides to the area. The breakfast the next morning was included in the price, and while it wasn't at all fancy, there were English muffins and cereal, orange juice, milk, hot drinks, and fresh apples. This isn't a quaint, memorable get-away type of place, but we understood that when we booked our room.

• Stayed: October 2011, travelled with family
1  Thank Clouds75
Reviewed 12 October 2011

While not a beautiful room it was extremely comfortable, spacious, clean. All the staff, without exception, was friendly and helpful. I locked the safe late one night, and was unable to open it. Was going to wait until morning, but realized my eyeglasses were inside. Literally, less than 5 mins. after I called someone was there and gone, within a minute, and with a smile at 10 PM! I booked this room as a default for Columbus weekend, and we were quite pleased. The continental breakfast was not impressive, yet still a perk if you wanted to grab and go. Having a microwave, fridge, coffee pot all very nice. Cannot say anything negative about this hotel.

Room Tip: I asked for first floor because of my husband's hip problem and was graciously given one.
  • Stayed: October 2011, travelled as a couple