This small and friendly hotel is close-in and within walking distance to town. There is also a supermarket next door along with a sub shop and an upscale dining facility. What more could one ask?
Well, for starters, contrary to other reports, the staff is extremely friendly and accommodating. Check in is quick and efficient . They easily changed me from a second floor room to my current one (104) ,right by the breakfast room and desk. My fears of noise never materialized and the convenience is great.
The room, itself is spacious,spotless and very comfortable with a large queen bed and a fluffy, warm ,comforter. The bathroom likewise, clean, spacious with a large bathtub equipped with multiple grab rales (this is a wonderful safety feature needed, but not found,in most hotels.
The free breakfast is in a large day room with TV . The food consists of juices, coffee/tea, English muffins, fruit and pancakes. (More than adequate). Even though the hours are 7-10, I noticed the staff stopping cleanup to accommodate a late arriving family. That doesn't happen often either.
Lots of convenient free parking is a plus also. The free international is easily accessed and the day room has a free computer and printer.SO nice to have!!!
For the money and convenience, this is the place to stay on the Vineyard as nothing on the island is far away.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- A modern inn in a quaint old whaling port, the Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard offers 34 LARGE modern rooms, each recently refurbished and appointed with full bath, king- or queen-size beds, cable TV with HBO, radio, telephone, microwave, refrigerator and air conditioning. Including Free: parking, continental breakfast, business center and faxes, high speed internet access wireless. On-site restaurant: The Grille on Main. Open year round. Located in Edgartown - the most elegant of the Vineyards six picturesque towns. As a guest of the Clarion Martha's Vineyard, you are uniquely positioned to enjoy all of Martha's Vineyard. Situated in Edgartown's business district, we are within walking distance of Edgartown's historic village center. From June to September the VTA makes regular stops in front of the hotel and then trundles onward toward the village and famed South Beach. A bike path connects us to the village, beaches, and the other island towns. In addition, our front desk can assist you with other island activities such as golf, fishing, kayaking, canoeing, bird watching, or where to see the perfect Vineyard Sunset. We look forward to making your trip to Martha's Vineyard an enjoyable and memorable one. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Choice Hotels, Hotels.com, Odigeo and Travel Republic (UK) so you can book your Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Clarion Carriage House Hotel Edgartown
- Clarion Edgartown
- Edgartown Clarion
- Clarion Carriage Hotel
- Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard Edgartown, MA