“Nice hotel”

Ranked #4 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Glasgow
“Nice hotel”
Reviewed 5 August 2010

We chose this hotel based on previous reviews and were not disappointed.
A perfect location, a short walk from town and on the main road into Edgartown.
We found the staff pleasant and helpful.
The restaurant next door (The Grill) is worth a visit.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (33)
Wooster, Ohio
Reviewed 20 July 2010

After canceling a lease at a dumpty cottage we were fortunate to get a room for three nights at the Clarion. While a bit pricing the room was immaculate and the beds were comfortable. We then moved into town to the Kelley House which was in a better location but also a bit more expensive. Can't go wrong staying at the Clarion.

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
Manchester, NH
Reviewed 16 June 2010

I went to the Vineyard in early June for a fishing charter. I was looking for an inexpensive room and I was hoping for pre-season rates. I was disappointed in this regard, as the room was about double what I'd expect to pay in other locales. However, everything on Martha's Vineyard costs more, so I wasn't too surprised.

The room was clean and comfortable, and offered a small fridge, a microwave, and a coffee pot. The bed was great and it was quiet at night. I was pleased with my stay even though the Vineyard prices were higher than I'm used to.

• Stayed June 2010, travelled with friends
boston
Reviewed 3 June 2010

Everywhere was booked on the island and made a reservation here but I never made it to the hotel because of how poor the costumer service was. when i made the reservation i was told i could cancel up to the day of, i got the confirmation email and see there is a 14 day cancellation policy. not what i am told. breakfast is included with your stay but i have a soy and dairy allergy, along with being a Celiac so no gluten. I email about accommodating these medically imposed dietary restrictions and am told that my reservation is now canceled. My husband emails and the manager says oh i am sorry about the confusion but there is a stop and shop across the st, help yourself. wow! you could discount the rate or try in the smallest bit to do something. a simple cup of coffee and a plain egg omelet would have cured it, i didn't ask for an 7 course gourmet meal. i emailed corporate and went elsewhere. i can't imagine what my actual stay would have been had i stayed there!

• Stayed June 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank alexanadram

Travellers are raving about these Edgartown hotels

Bryn Mawr, PA
Reviewed 18 April 2010

Very clean. I stayed in room 113 one night and 204 the next. Both were fine, although both had the mushy pillows that I don't like. I didn't ask them it they had other pillows they could have given me though. The staff was extremely nice, courteous and helpful. The hotel has washer and dryer facilities that guests can use, free continental breakfast and a computer for guests to use. No fitness facilities, but you can get a good workout by just walking around the area. No room service, but the hotel is attached to (and has a separate entrance to) a restaurant that you can call and order takeout. No elevator, so I had to bump my suitcase up to the 2nd floor!

• Stayed April 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank CarolAnnBrynMawr
Boston, MA
Reviewed 21 October 2009

My wife and I stayed overnight Saturday on a quick trip to the island. Room was just what we needed: clean, large, reasonably priced and accepted one night booking. My wife liked the large bathroom counter. Ask for a room on the 2nd floor (no elevator) because rooms have vaulted ceilings with the design of this 2 story hotel. Made the room even more spacious and bright. Free continental breakfast had the basics - good for a quick start to the day. Definitely would stay again - if my wife was pleased then they certainly did a good job for us. Also we found a great restaurant for dinner just down the street (The Square Rigger) - popular with the locals. I'd highly recommend it over the tourist restaurants in Edgartown center.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
massachusetts
Reviewed 12 October 2009

I came to Martha's Vineyard with my wife for her birthday. The Staff at the Clarion was very helpful and friendly. The rooms were real nice and very clean. It was great to have a refrigerator and microwave in the room. It came in handy. Hotel was a great value. I am coming back to the Island for work and will make sure I stay at the Clarion.

• Stayed October 2009, travelled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites
Kelley House
Kelley House
#9 of 10 in Edgartown

Been to Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard? Share your experiences!