“Fab Stay on the Vineyard out of season”
Review of Harbor View Hotel

Harbor View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Cambridge, MA
“Fab Stay on the Vineyard out of season”
Reviewed 24 May 2011

Stayed here with my husband over Easter weekend. Got a very good deal on the room via Expedia, so overall excellent value for money.

Room was spacious and clean. The in room fridge was a nice touch, as was the balcony overlooking the pool.

We had wet weather on the Saturday of our stay, so dined in the hotel bar, a delicious meal, would definitely go here again (even if it was sunny!!).

This would definitely be my first choice in Edgartown when we return to the Vineyard.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (303)
Austin, Texas
Reviewed 19 May 2011

I had never been to MV before so I didn't really know what to expect, but Harbor View has set the bar VERY high. When I walked into my room (spend the money and get one with a balcony - 100% worth it!), my mouth literally fell open. The room was so bright and cheery with a gorgeous view of the harbor. I have a lot of issues with hotel beds, but these were by far the most comfortable. I have never slept so well on vacation and I travel quite a bit! The hotel staff was extremely attentive and helpful - every little question was answered with a smile and enthusiasm! I feel like this hotel made our trip to Martha's Vineyard, it was an experience. I also have to add that the hotel bar staff were amazing as well SO friendly - they always remembered our drinks orders and our names. I would stay here again in a heart beat! Make sure you go ride the Flying Horses in Oak Bluffs - oldest carousel in the US. The horses are all carved from wood - I felt like a kid again!

• Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank TravelingBobby77
Vancouver, Washington
Reviewed 6 May 2011

Within walking distance to the downtown, it's front porch view of the light house, Bay and Chappaquiddick Island couldn't be better. The staff could not have been more processional and helpful. Particularly liked the bar, it's menu selection and the view. Perfect. When I come back, think I'd probably prefer the main building, if available. The new remodeled suites are very nice but ours didn't have much of a view and the configuration of the windows would have made it difficult, even if there were one.

Room Tip: Would insist on a great view of the bay.
  • Stayed May 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 5 May 2011

"A Great Classic Vineyard Hotel"
Reviewed by a Hotels.com guest on May 1, 2011
The Harbor View hotel is a classic victorian style hotel, with high standards of service and maintenance. Adding to it's charm is a porch with rocking chairs facing the Edgartown waterfront,which wraps around the front of the hotel. Built in the 1800s, the hotel retains the charm of a time gone by, while also offering excellent service. The two restaurants were outstanding, and the service always friendly. The rooms were above average, many overlooking the waterfront and Edgartown lighthouse. The location is wonderful, and in a slightly more remote part of Edgartown which is quieter than downtown, but still a short walk from downtown. The Harbor View Hotel also has it's own marina directly across the street. This offers transient dockage as well as sailing lessons and skippered charters on their own power boat, The Scout. There are lots of beautiful beaches only yards away, and the area offers many opportunities for bikers. I would not hesitate to return for a future stay, and hope to do so.

• Stayed April 2011
Bourne, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 May 2011

especially the woman at the front desk who seemed to make it her top priority to make this particular weekend getaway the most special, from working with me to get the right room, to then helping me to get a even nicer room....in a day and age where it seems like everybody is trying to pull a fast one on you, it's nice to know that if you are nice to others, chances are they will be nice back...thanks again darlene!!!

Room Tip: be nice :)
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank vinniepepperoni
Cumberland, Rhode Island
Reviewed 27 April 2011

Our first visit to the Harbor View Hotel, was 15 years ago on our 15th wedding anniversary, and we've been in awe ever since!!! We try to save money for a special trip here each year...however, sometimes it's just for the day...We especially enjoy the kindness, comfort, the hospitality, and the gorgeous views the Harbor View offers year round!!! We have never been disappointed!! We highly recommend a visit as soon as you can, and once you do, it'll be hard to beat the satisfaction you'll get, that you can't find at too many other places!!! This is an A+ experience at an A+ Hotel!! The Verriers

Room Tip: Ask for a room with the view of the ocean!!
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
Boston, MA
Reviewed 25 April 2011

My wife and I were looking for a getaway with our 4 month old son. This turned out to be just the perfect place. Martha's Vineyard is not the best destination for April travel and the weather made it so. Despite a rainy/sloppy day, the location of this hotel and the hotel itself made up for our trip.

One can say its on the shore and has great views of the Atlantic.

The only reason for 3start service is the house keeping number was someone's voicemail and we kept calling front desk, who'd in turn figure things out for us.

Room Tip: Ask for water facing room when making reservation
  • Stayed April 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank Just_not_me
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites
Kelley House
Kelley House
#9 of 10 in Edgartown

Been to Harbor View Hotel? Share your experiences!