We didn't realize this was one of the Historic Inns of America, but it well deserves to be included in that illustrious group. We have stayed at two others, one in Tucson and one in Louisville, and they have all been well worth the extra cost.
My one complaint is that the hotel's main dining room, probably owing to the lateness of season, was closed for the two nights of our stay. However, we consoled ourselves with two of the many choices of good eateries in Edgartown. The town is a quaint little place, and even this late in the season convenient parking can be difficult to find.
Our room had a generously sized balcony, and it was great to soak up the late afternoon sun while slowly drifting into a snooze. Should come here for two weeks instead of just for just two days.
Unfortunately, I cannot say much about the food being served, only having had a quick lunch in the bar shortly after our arrival. The lunch was OK, but nothing to write home about. Service, though, was stellar whenever we had to rely on it.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Harbor View Hotel offers guests spectacular views of the harbor, Chappaquiddick Island, and Edgartown light house. The resort sits at the end of North Water Street in Edgartown where it has welcomed families and returning guests for more than 100 years. Only minutes from downtown Edgartown, that offers its' guests an array activities from biking, shopping, dining, and more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Evoline ltd, HotelQuickly, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and getaroom.com so you can book your Harbor View Hotel reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Harbor View Hotel And Resort
- Harbor View Hotel Edgartown, MA - Martha's Vineyard
- Harbor View Edgartown