Harbor View Hotel
Vineyard Square Hotel & Suites(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$269
Hotels.com
  • Breakfast included
The Sydney(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$262
Kelley House(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$284
Ashley Inn Bed and Breakfast(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$258
The Christopher(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$394
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$325
US$266
The Hob Knob(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$525
  • Breakfast included
Winnetu Oceanside Resort(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$510
Pequot Hotel(Oak Bluffs)(Great Value!)
US$178
TripAdvisor
1,022 results
All reviewsmain buildingfront porchmayhew buildingedgartown lighthouseoff seasonmartha's vineyardlighthouse grillrocking chairshotel barthe cottagesconcierge deskbeautiful hotellight housewater viewshort walkwrap around porchnew england
Reviewed 23 August 2014

We loved our recent stay at the Harbor View Hotel. The hotel staff was highly professional and gave us 5 star service. Chad helped us to our room, which was also ready early. Great location in classic Edgartown, spacious room with comfy beds, nice patio and lovely pool area. We will be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
1  Thank LauraD44444
Reviewed 19 August 2014

I've just read the reviews about the rooms that apparently are in a bad condition. I am wondering if those rooms are located in the main building ?
When I stayed there 2 weeks ago, I got a wonderful, newly renovated room - in the back building on the 3rd floor.
Very spacious, and clean, all new furniture, new carpet, and new curtains. And a very nice down comforter and cotton sheets.The whole room (including the bathroom) must have been renovated just recently.
I also enjoyed the comfortable armchair with ottoman, and the desk and chair for work. Not to forget the benefit of having a mini-refrigerator, a coffee-maker, and bathrobes.
The room was in the back building which is a bit to walk from the lobby / restaurant. They don't have an elevator, but they take care of your luggage.
The view from the room was not so exciting: Just to the pool ! But they have a nice porch with rocking chairs in front of the main building where you can hang out and enjoy the nice view to the water and the lighthouse.
The location is very quiet (end of the street), and it's about a 15-minute-walk to the harbor and main street where all the shops and restaurants are.
The lighthouse and the beach are easy to reach. And someone told me, that the receptionist gave them lawn chairs to relax at the beach.
I would definitely stay there again - but at the time of reservation would want to make sure to get a renovated room !

Room Tip: Ask for a renovated room (back building ??)
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank worldtravellor147
Reviewed 14 August 2014

When on the Island we used to look forward to the varied and classic buffet brunch here. However on our recent visit we found the choices sadly diminished. There was only one salad of lettuce, few desserts and not much choice for hot foods either. There were still oysters and shrimp but nothing of the splendor of past years. We were disappointed.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
3  Thank joyceheard
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Harbor View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 15 August 2014

I am so sorry for your disappointment and for the loss of your patronage. We appreciate your comments, and will share them for consideration when reevaluating our Sunday brunch menu. I do hope that you revisit our Sunday Brunch as we do appreciate your patronage.

Reviewed 13 August 2014

Went there on a romantic weekend and had a wonderful time!
Enjoyed the amenities the hotel has to offer : the pool with cocktails, the porch with food and drinks ordered at Henry's, the brunch at Water street, the room with its wifi and fridge to keep a bottle of champagne for a perfect romantic getaway!
The staff was always very nice, the concierges were very helpful.
I see bad reviews about the cleanliness or the size of the room. We had a room in the main building and the room had a good size and was clean, no complain on that!
We did have to wait for the room to be ready until 4:30 which was a little annoying as I had made reservations early evening and wanted to shower before leaving the hotel, but the rest of the stay was a really good time!
Anywhere we'd go, people would ask where we were staying at and they would all say "Oh i love hanging out on that porch!". The view from there is unbeatable! Even though it was the middle of the summer, the pool or the porch were never over crowded; Nice relaxing and romantic time!

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Aodrenn
Reviewed 10 August 2014

My husband and I had one do our first dates on MV 10 yrs ago, so I surprised him with a quick trip.. Booked a $400 main building room with a water view.. Problems started immediately as we arrived, we were told we could check in by 3pm, but the room was guaranteed by 4pm... Of course room was not ready. By 4:30 I went back to the desk and the clueless attendant said to me, "nope your room is still dirty." That's just what I want to hear. So I ask, since you've guaranteed me a room by 4, and it's now 430, what do we do now? She looked at me like I was crazy and called a supervisor.. Then decided to give us another room. The main building lobby is very nice so not in my wildest dreams did I expect to get the room we did.. As you walk upstairs it's immediately apparent that the property is in dire need of renovation. We were given a musty room to the far right of the building, and this room looked like a motel.. Small bathroom with musty shower curtain, the shower head was falling out of the wall. Stained old carpet, old tv, old furniture. Our water view was locked by trees. The "patio" was a 3x3 deck with one piece of old iron furniture, with an ashtray of butts in it.. Floor of patio was badly covered in some green turf like material. Out in the hallway I was met by cleaning staff who were still cleaning the room down the hall that we were supposed to have, I peaked in, the room was the same, smaller but better view. Basically this hotel is all about the beautiful location, but the staff, service, and property is not up to par... These rooms should go for less than $200 based on the condition.
Uncomfortable chairs outside at the pool and no service warrants a lower rate...
We would never stay hear again, don't get snowed by the hotels lovely luxury descriptions on their site.

Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
10  Thank DNB25
Clark_Guinn, General Manager at Harbor View Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 August 2014

Please accept my sincere apologies for your dissatisfaction regarding your recent stay with us, as we clearly failed to provide you with the level of service and facilities that you expected.

Our housekeepers begin their day at 8am with a list of guests who have checked out early. With the required check-out time of 11am, we make every effort to clean rooms for our 4pm check-in time and the majority of the time we are able to meet this time constraint. With no break in occupancy this time of year, it is a challenge to get carpets shampooed, when necessary, and dried in time for the next guest.

The Harbor View Hotel was built in the late 1800’s, because it is a historic landmark any changes to the structure of the hotel, i.e. bathroom sizes is not permitted by the town. The hotel offers much history and an incredible location with the beautiful ocean across the street. Although it is true that some updating is necessary, we do our best to maintain the 123 year old hotel.

If you would consider giving us an opportunity to reverse the impression we left with you, please contact my assistant, Lynn Marble at 508-356-2102.