The Richard(Edgartown)
Free cancellation until 29/07
US$425
US$405
Hotels.com
Clarion Inn Martha's Vineyard(Edgartown)(Great Value!)
US$474
  • Breakfast included
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
1,050 results
All reviewsmain buildingfront porchmayhew buildingedgartown lighthouseoff seasonmartha's vineyardlighthouse grillrocking chairsthe cottagesconcierge deskbeautiful hotelhotel barlight housebedroom cottagewater viewshort walkwrap around porch
Reviewed 19 November 2010

Perfect is the only word I can use to describe our experience at The Harbor View Resort. I've been there three times (twice with my husband and once with four girlfriends). What keeps me coming back is "excellence." You won't be disappointed, no matter what season. Service, food, amenities, location and rooms are outstanding!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 16 November 2010

A beautiful hotel in a wonderful location. We got a great off-season rate. Rooms were nicely appointed and the staff was friendly enough. We had one major disappointment ... we asked for reservations for a specific restaurant for dinner which the front desk said they would arrange. They promised to call if there was any issue ... no call came so we assume our request was handled. And then we found no reservation was made. We would have expected better from this caliber hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 November 2010

We had an amazing stay! The staff was so friendly and made sure we had everything we needed. Dinner in the hotel was incredible - the best food we had on our vacation and that includes Boston restaurants. Our room was beautiful, the bathroom large and the beds super comfortable. It is in a perfect location with a nice walk to the beach and lighthouse. It's also an easy walk to the local shops. Most were closed because it was November but we still enjoyed our stay. We can't wait to go back! Thank you for a perfect relaxing few days!

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with friends
Reviewed 8 November 2010

The Harbor View has the best location ever! I love that the hotel is a 5 minute walk from downtown Edgartown. I love their views of the Edgartown lighthouse. I love the wrap around porch and dining room vistas. Even our room, which was in the back by the pool, had a lovely view of a tree and hedge - quite peaceful. The beds were soft, with big comforters.

We stayed in the wheelchair accessible room. The had a tub with a seat at one end, but the seat was outside of the curtain area, so it was a bit of a trick taking a shower and keeping the water in the tub. Next time I would request a bench so that I could sit in the tub.

I didn't like that I felt like I was staying in a Marriott when I ate my breakfast; the food was below average. My friend ordered whole grain cereal and was served Special K; the waitress apologized, but said there was nothing she could do. My bacon was way too salty. They say they use fresh, local ingredients, but I don't believe it. If they listed some farms where they bought their food, I would perhaps feel more inclined to believe them

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 November 2010

The town is the most attractive on the island and the hotel offers one of the best settings with white clapper board houses and a great view of the light house. Many of the houses in the area are only used for 6 weeks per year and I would imagin the place gets very busy in July /August. The Hotel has a lot of style and the staff are very helpful, particulary regarding place to see on the Island, in addition to normal hotel service. Eating in the hotel can be quite expensive but you are in an up market location and in an up market hotel, so take lots of money.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple