1,083 results
All reviewsmain buildingfront porchmayhew buildingedgartown lighthouseoff seasonmartha's vineyardlighthouse grillrocking chairsthe cottagesbeautiful hotelhotel barlight housewrap around porchwater viewnew englandlobster rollshops and restaurants
Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have never stayed in a place so beautiful and friendly as The Harbor View Hotel. The whole staff is simply amazing. Cleanest place I have stayed at also. I would highly recommend staying here as you will not be dissapointed in any way. I have been back a couple of times and this is my favorite place to visit. Service is outstanding in every way. Thank you Harbor View for making my Birthday weekend getaway the best I have had.

• Stayed: February 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 17 January 2011

We returned to the Harbor View Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary, as we plan to continue to do in the future. We have been coming to the Harbor View since 2002?, and still find the hotel to be as wonderful as it has been for us in our many stays over the past several years.
The staff is outstanding, well-trained, and particularly attentive to our needs and wants. The sincerity of the interest that each member of the the staff shows in ensuring our comfort and complete satisfaction contributes to a very relaxing and reenergizing stay. We feel pampered, and the staff feels like family, never distant or antiseptic.
The Harbor View continues to be one of our favorite places to which we will return for our happy escapes.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I have been to the HarborView on business - actually running an event there for 4 years and it has always be an outstanding venue for our event. I knew I was in for a treat when we planed to visit for pleasure and it met every expectation. Being a full fledged guest this trip confirmed everything I've known and hoped for when there on business.

The hotel has old world charm with modern amenities. It's beautifully decorated, the staff are really dedicated to their jobs and they seem to genuinely love the property.

The location on island is perfect - at the end of North Water Street but walking distance into Edgartown - the nicest on the island I think. But of course, everything is relatively close - even the furthest points. And a short drive to/from the ferry.

Worth every penny and every minute getting there. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2010

SO incredibly nice. I think the hotel staff is unbelievably attentive and gracious. This is possibly the best hotel experience I have ever had. I'm so sorry to read about the Gone WAY downhill reviewer because I had the complete opposite experience. I just loved it. The desk manager, Chris went above and beyond helping my mother and I to our room. The property tech - Donnie as well, went so far above and beyond we were in shock, in a good way. Thank you Thank you Thank you - to everyone who made this trip so memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010
Reviewed 29 November 2010

We stayed here for the long weekend after Thanksgiving, we were upgraded (for an additional cost) to a 3rd floor room in the Main Building. We have stayed in many older inns in the US and Canada, we found the layout of the lobbies and dining area here to be very nice and open with great views. Our room however was large with a pool view, would be nice in the summer. However, we significantly struggled with the overall decor and quality issues with our room. The carpet was stained, paint on walls were mismatched to hide scratches, toilet ran all night, cracks in marble floor, cords for lights stretched over 6 feet to a shaky looking electrical outlets, the bed posts not screwed in, see attached photos.

Service seemed indifferent, at breakfast the waiter forgot to serve our daughter breakfast: "sorry I am so tired from Thanksgiving" and finally at checkout at 7:30AM to catch the ferry, the front desk manager; "OK I can't give you a receipt because tomorrow has happened yet". Say what ???

Overall for what we paid, we were somewhat disappointed, however if we stayed in that room in July and paid double or triple the winter room charges, it would be beyond disappointing.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled with family