“Perfect Getaway”
Review of Harbor View Hotel

Harbor View Hotel
Ranked #2 of 4 Hotels in Edgartown
Reviewed 22 February 2011

We had high expectations for our first Martha's Vineyard experience. I explained to the front desk supervisor that I may need a larger room than what I booked. They offered several options and we ended up in a 1 bedroom cottage that was the nicest room ever for the money. Spotless, high end decor throughout. Will definitely come back every year to Harbor View!

• Stayed: February 2011
2  Thank superstory
Write a ReviewReviews (1,002)

Reviewed 22 February 2011

Stayed for three nights in room 315, facing the lighthouse with own balcony. Location is great, easy walk to town and around the neighborhood. Hotel and staff are great. Not a lot to do on island this time of year but we got to see it all, which might be hard to do during the summer. If you walk out to the lighthouse you can follow the shore to the left, it will eventually lead to the end of a public road a couple of blocks behind the hotel, nice walk in the sand. We drove to Gay Head cliffs which was well worth the drive. Walk past the shops to the viewpoint to see the muddy water from the clay cliffs. We also took the ferry in Edgartown to Chappaquiddick Island but as most of the island is dirt roads and the snow was falling we didn't push our luck much on exploring.

2  Thank intrepid411
Reviewed 17 February 2011

I booked a room at the Harbor View as a Christmas gift for my Boyfriend during Valentine's Day weekend. We arrived via Ferry (with our car thank goodness) and from the moment we arrived it was magical. Our plan was to get out of NYC, leave the crowded subways and our stressful jobs there and relax completely. We could not have picked a better place. The island was super quiet and ours. We were surrounded by the local folks that made us feel like we were old friends. Many of the stores and restaurants were closed for the season, but that didn’t get us down at all. The few places that were open had amazing food and easy to get a table and the stores that were open satisfied our shopping needs. Must mention ‘The Wharf’ and ‘The Newes’ were within walking distance and the food and atmosphere kept us coming back all weekend!!
The Harbor View was so beautiful and elegant. We arrived on a Saturday night and stayed in one of the suites in by the pool which was great but no view of the water. We asked that evening if there was any way we could upgrade to the Main House. They didn’t have room that night but were happy to move us for our second and third night for an extra $30 (per night). Every person that worked there could not have been nicer. We moved to a HUGH room on the second floor facing the water and the most amazing view of the lighthouse. My boyfriend kept saying that it was the most beautiful room we’ve ever stayed in! The breakfast at the Harbor View Restaurant was great! Also a perfect location for a quick walk into town.
We agreed this was the most romantic weekend of our lives. We took a drive up to the cliffs at Aquinnah, and my boyfriend is now my Husband-to-be. Most romantic moment of my life. I’ve never been happier and will never forget that weekend. It really was magical. (and Mythical!)

Reviewed 9 February 2011

I have never stayed in a place so beautiful and friendly as The Harbor View Hotel. The whole staff is simply amazing. Cleanest place I have stayed at also. I would highly recommend staying here as you will not be dissapointed in any way. I have been back a couple of times and this is my favorite place to visit. Service is outstanding in every way. Thank you Harbor View for making my Birthday weekend getaway the best I have had.

Reviewed 17 January 2011

We returned to the Harbor View Hotel to celebrate our wedding anniversary, as we plan to continue to do in the future. We have been coming to the Harbor View since 2002?, and still find the hotel to be as wonderful as it has been for us in our many stays over the past several years.
The staff is outstanding, well-trained, and particularly attentive to our needs and wants. The sincerity of the interest that each member of the the staff shows in ensuring our comfort and complete satisfaction contributes to a very relaxing and reenergizing stay. We feel pampered, and the staff feels like family, never distant or antiseptic.
The Harbor View continues to be one of our favorite places to which we will return for our happy escapes.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 12 January 2011

I have been to the HarborView on business - actually running an event there for 4 years and it has always be an outstanding venue for our event. I knew I was in for a treat when we planed to visit for pleasure and it met every expectation. Being a full fledged guest this trip confirmed everything I've known and hoped for when there on business.

The hotel has old world charm with modern amenities. It's beautifully decorated, the staff are really dedicated to their jobs and they seem to genuinely love the property.

The location on island is perfect - at the end of North Water Street but walking distance into Edgartown - the nicest on the island I think. But of course, everything is relatively close - even the furthest points. And a short drive to/from the ferry.

Worth every penny and every minute getting there. We can't wait to go back.

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 14 December 2010

SO incredibly nice. I think the hotel staff is unbelievably attentive and gracious. This is possibly the best hotel experience I have ever had. I'm so sorry to read about the Gone WAY downhill reviewer because I had the complete opposite experience. I just loved it. The desk manager, Chris went above and beyond helping my mother and I to our room. The property tech - Donnie as well, went so far above and beyond we were in shock, in a good way. Thank you Thank you Thank you - to everyone who made this trip so memorable.

• Stayed: December 2010
Also consider these accommodations in or near Edgartown
Mansion House
#8 of 10 in Edgartown
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
Winnetu Oceanside Resort
#1 of 4 in Edgartown

Been to Harbor View Hotel? Share your experiences!