“Great Food - Fireplace Atmosphere”

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Erving
French King Motel & Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Erving
Reviewed 18 November 2011

This is my second trip to the French King Restaurant. This is the areas best food and price restaurant. My gf had Prime Rib and I had Pot Roast Dinner ( $12.99 ). And it was great. I'll be back again.

• Stayed: November 2011, travelled solo
4  Thank HillClimberEast

Reviewed 24 July 2011

there is something special about calling a motor lodge and the owner remembers you from last year! your name, your car, your brother you come to visit! Frank is that guy whose family has owned the motor lodge since 1953 and is as much of a local mountain, fishing, jeeping guy as he is a motel and restaurant owner...i have met the coolest people at this place to get the flavor of Western Massachusetts as a Philly girl can meet!

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank JODYHOPEMILLER
Reviewed 20 November 2010

It is a great motel. It is rustic, which matches the surrounding beautiful environment. It is close to a beautiful river gorge and hikes. The staff is very friendly and helpful. If you have an issue with anything just ask them.

The key to a great stay is communication of anything you want. Need extra blankets, towels? They are there for you.

• Stayed: November 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank Travelsalot4434
Reviewed 12 September 2010

I consider myself a VT redneck girl who is most definitely not a princess. However, when I checked in and went to my room with my 13 month old daughter, I walked out of the room 5 minutes later and asked for a refund. There was dry rot in the bathroom doorjam, the tub hadn't been cleaned since who knows when and the air conditioner in the window had a piece of broken ceiling tile shoved in next to it to fill in the space (mind you there was still a 3 inch gap of wide open space for bugs to get in. Oh, and there was brown water/sludge stains down one wall. I wouldn't pay $30.00 a night to stay here, forget the $90.00 they charge.
The rest of the bass fishing group we were with stayed and the next day one of the guys told me when he went to his room there was still dog poop on the rug from the previous guest.

• Stayed: September 2010, travelled with family
2  Thank Cranky_baby
Reviewed 1 August 2010

We had a wedding in the area and didn't have much choice so we ended up here. Find another place. When we got here there was a sign in the office saying the attendant was in the restaraunt...sure thing. I walked through the ENTIRE place yelling "HELLO!" over and over again to no avail. Then I figured I'd call the office and did just that. I realized I might not have much luck when I was standing at the bar with my cell phone calling and the phone ON THE bar started ringing. I'm not even close to joking here. So, back to the office I went and said to a guy sitting out side, anyone work here? Hahahahaha...oh yeah, he was just shaving. My sense of humor had dulled quite a bit at that point but whatever. Finally, I got checked into a room with a couple spider webs, complete with spiders and a nice musty smell. Do yourself a favor, find another spot, you'll thank me...

• Stayed: July 2010
2  Thank robbo674
Reviewed 14 November 2009

Had planned on staying in Keen but it was their pumpkin festival and everything was full. So kept on driving, thought we would get to Boston before finding anything, so was very pleased to come across this motel. However the rooms were very dated and not very clean. The bathroom had a dripping tap. We did eat in the resturant, which was ok but we thought rather over-priced. I'm sure there any better establishments in the area if you have time to look.

• Stayed: October 2009, travelled as a couple
1  Thank NorfolkFlossie
Reviewed 24 October 2007

The place looks ok. Not what we were hoping for. The swimming pool was filthy but I assume the timing was not the perfect one (october). The room was comfortable but one of the sheets was ripped, and one of the pillowcase had stains on it. The bathroom was like walking into a raibow (all diffferent colors). It was quiet and calm. The French King Bridge (next to motel) has a spectaclar view, one to remember forever. We had a good time.

My only dissapointment was when we first arrived at the motel we had been driving for hours and were very exhausted and hungry, but the restaurant wasn't open. It only serves breakfast in the morning and dinner in the evening. We had to go into Turners Falls to grab something to eat. Also the price we paid at this motel ($95.00) was high compared to the motel we had stayed the night before in williamstown and for the same price offered a lot more.

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled with family
    • Check-in / front desk
1  Thank Salsonica
Also consider these accommodations in or near Erving
Hampton Inn & Suites Greenfield
#1 of 1 in South Deerfield
No photo provided
Travel Inn
#1 of 1 in Orange

Been to French King Motel & Restaurant? Share your experiences!