“Disappointment plus!”
Review of Scarborough Hotel

Scarborough Hotel
Cuisines: Bar, Pub, Australian
Good for: Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups, Local cuisine, View
Dining options: Lunch, Brunch, Breakfast, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Outdoor Seating, Parking Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Sydney
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Disappointment plus!”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

Don't waste your time going here..
This use to be a great venue with average priced meals, you used to get a great salad or burger for lunch and walk away with change!

$10 for a beer and soft drink, $85 for 2 basic meals is a joke! I'd rather go to the city if I'm paying these prices at what use to be a beautiful local venue to enjoy.

You are being robbed blind eating here don't bother.. Very disappointed, won't be back..

• Visited June 2014
1 Thank 83bella

Sydney, New South Wales, Australia
“Clean up your act”
Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

If you want to run a good restaurant in a beutiful location Start with clean clothes and a clean kitchen. I decided not to eat there the price was overrated We did the right thing and ordered only coffee a 1 star from me

3 Thank Ron R
“Disappointment :(”
Reviewed 6 June 2014 via mobile

Visited here last month.. I wasn't impressed with the quality of food for the price you pay. Very expensive and nothing to say wow about. Not much variety for a pub menu, but the place and outdoor area with views is amazing. Just beware the schooner glasses aren't a full schooner. I have exact same glasses at home and did a measure. Next time I will buy a bottle of wine and enjoy the views;))

• Visited May 2014
1 Thank Tchellessa
Thirroul, Australia
“Overpriced food ”
Reviewed 3 May 2014 via mobile

Popped in for lunch today with husband and we decided to order the share meze plate -$38 so we expected it to be quite substantial. We were wrong. I could have made a plate up from the Coles deli that would have been better! It was served on a greasy plastic platter and was underwhelming-sundried tomatoes, olives, 5 cubes of feta, 6 slices of salami and 2 'dips' one of which I am sure was Old El Paso salsa. Cold grilled flatbread and cold prawns and very disappointing. No table service either, you go and order and they give you a buzzer. Not impressed for the price. My advice-go for a beer and enjoy the view, but don't waste your money on the food.

Sydney, Australia
“Great view but pricey”
Reviewed 18 April 2014

We visited recently and found that the view was absolutely fantastic, if you have overseas visitors and are in the area well worth calling in for a coffee or a beer. The food is overpriced for what you get, the salmon was dry, the salad was good and so where the chips but as I said overpriced.
I had no problem paying with my credit card as another reviewer seems to have had, which is just as well as we would've had to go elsewhere.

• Visited February 2014