“Wonderful breakfasts by the harbor”
Review of Polish Manor Inn

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fairhaven
Polish Manor Inn
Ranked #2 of 3 Fairhaven B&B and Inns
Atlanta, Georgia
“Wonderful breakfasts by the harbor”
Reviewed 14 August 2013

We stayed three nights while visiting family in the area and appreciated starting the day with a relaxing breakfast in the garden overlooking the harbor. We were impressed with the hot breakfast that was different every day and included fresh vegetables from the garden and a variety of sausages and cheeses. Accommodations were quiet, clean, and comfortable. We enjoyed chatting with the owner over breakfast. He has a wealth of knowledge about the area and travel throughout Europe. The house is packed with books on art and travel for planning your next trip.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Andreas Y

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (2)
Reviewed 2 October 2012

My wife and I have stayed here several times while visiting family in the area. The building has an interesting history. You can't beat the views and there is a very nice bistro/bar just down the street (Elizabeth's).

• Stayed September 2012
1 Thank Seanroche
Swansea, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 July 2012

I found this Bed and Breakfast to be a pleasant stay. It has beautiful views of the river and
the owner has a coffee shop he just opened with an intriguing gift shop, featuring some
distinct Polish goods. He was very knowledgeable about area attractions and we were
just a short walk to the beach and the bike path. The breakfast provided was more than
I expected, and I would travel here again sometime in the Fall

Room Tip: Many rooms had a view of the water
  • Stayed July 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Edward H
St. Louis, MO
Reviewed 25 May 2012

We stopped by this place and since it looked a bit run-down, we decided to go elsewhere. We talked to the owner and he was very defensive and not very nice. He could have talked us into staying, but his attitude turned us away.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled with family

Travellers are raving about these Fairhaven hotels

Arlington, Virginia
Reviewed 14 June 2011

My fiance and I are getting married in New Bedford, right across the river, in July. We wanted to spend our wedding evening at the Polish Manor Inn due to its convenient location. I contacted Frank at the Polish Manor Inn and he instructed me to send a personal check for the full amount of the room fee because he did not have a credit card machine. I sent the check of and about a week later started calling and leaving messages to determine if he had received the check. I left 4 or 5 messages over the span of a week before Frank called me back.

When he did call, he basically accused me of running a scam. He said that he gets lots of calls from people all over and out of the country and he is concerned. He said that he had tried to call me before and my number was disconnected. My phone number has not changed the entire time I have been dealing with him. I suspect he must have just mis-dialed. He would not state definitively whether or not he had actually received the check. I spent several minutes trying to understand why he kept asking me if it was deposited yet. He then said, "what is this about Virginia?" I then told him, that I live in Virginia, which is why I need to book a room in New Bedford, because I do not actually live in New Bedford, which I explained in my first call to him when I asked about room availability. I then realized that he must have gotten the envelope and note that the check was sent with. When I asked him specifically if he had gotten my note and envelope he said yes. Then I asked if he had gotten the check and he said "apparently not." Then I had to ask him did he think the check was stolen in the mail and he said "I don't know." I am pretty suspicious that someone decided to steal my check out of the mail and not deposit it yet ( over a week after he got the envelope) and then send on the envelope and note. He also never called me to say that he had received an envelope with a note but no check, I had to spend a week trying to track him down. At this point, I believe that he does in fact have my check but believes that I am trying to scam him. I now have to pay $30 to stop the check and find a new place to stay. So all in all, I don't think it is worth the time and effort to book a room here because Frank is uncomfortable dealing with out-of-towners.

• Stayed June 2011, travelled as a couple
13 Thank jk848
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Seaport Inn and Marina
Bristol Harbor Inn
Bristol Harbor Inn
#1 of 1 in Bristol
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport

Been to Polish Manor Inn? Share your experiences!