“Friendly staff, great breakfast, comfy room” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Seaport Inn and Marina

Seaport Inn and Marina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Islamabad, Pakistan
“Friendly staff, great breakfast, comfy room”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2011

We stayed here in Aug. 2011 to attend a nearby wedding. The staff was extremely friendly even printing out directions to the restaurants we went to. The full breakfast included bacon, scrambled eggs, and other hot and cold items. The room was comfortable and was perfect for a place you just came back to sleep in at night. I would definitely stay here again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
      Location
      Rooms
11 Thank BarbM2015

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (43)
North Dartmouth, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 September 2011

I recently just stayed there and it was the worst hotel I've stayed in. The beds were not comfortable and I didn't end up falling asleep until 2:00 in the morning due to a party in the room next to me and yes the walls are very thin. I called up the office about 11:30pm to complain. The hotel clerk said he would come up in a couple of minutes which he did but was very timid because I heard te guy next door calling out (3) times "Who is it?" Of course they did not listen to him at all, they continued talking out loud and partying. When I asked if I could have another room, they told me, they could not accommodate me. I paid $150 for the night, and the staff could not control their guests. Do not stay here. I ould not recommend this hotel to anybody. I've stayed at cheaper places and had better service.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled solo
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank Cathy M
Greenfield
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2011

I recently stayed here overnight after seeing a show at the Zeiterion Theater in New Bedford. There was some confusion over the type of room I booked, but that was immediately taken care via email a few days before my arrival. The hotel is pleasant, very clean and very conveniently located for a stay in the south coast area of Massachusetts. Very helpful and attentive front desk clerk, as well as good complimentary breakfast, including HOT bacon and scrambled eggs, and the always popular waffle maker. I would readily recommend this inn to my family and friends, and would stay there again.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with friends
5 Thank LindseaMac
nova scotia,canada
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

Hotel was clean with tastefully updated rooms,although the hotel was full , once in the room it was quiet [good sound proofing].Comp breakfast buffet had a good amount of choice.Our room was small and when I peeked in other rooms , they were small too.Exercise room was a good size but there was a large washer and dryer in there this was the high priced guest laundry area I think it was 8$ a wash and 25cents for 2 min of drying time..Although the hotel was on the water , it was a marina to which access was for members only [understandably ].We would not stay here again if one of the other hotels in area had availability , only to have a pool and probably a larger room.The staff was very accommodating bringing a fridge when requested.Maintenance staff quickly remedied AC problems.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
6 Thank nickie M
Taunton, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 August 2011

The Seaport Inn and Marina is beautiful, We were referred here by a good friend of ours who frequently has hosted events here. Ive been to baby showers, birthday party's, Shows and now our wedding here. Joe Mora was a pleasure to work with, He's very easy going and has been more than helpful to us while planing our wedding. His Function rooms were very reasonably priced, the bartenders were friendly, and we were given a bridal suit to get ready in. All though it was only his job to make sure things at the hall were the way we wanted them, he also recommended a caterer that we might like from the area. The caterer was also great and new Joe well and was more than happy to accommodate us. They was very familiar with the seaport Inn and Marina which made things go smoothly the day of the wedding. Joe also was very helpful when it came to me having questions about things involving the Fort Phoenix beach as far as for who to contact. When it came down to the actual wedding day everything was perfect. Joe had offered to let us come in a day early to set up for our wedding, but due to the weather he had to move an outdoor event in. So instead of telling us we'd have to come in early and set up the day of the wedding Joe and his staff set everything up for us. He made sure everything was just as we wanted it. Joe makes sure his customers are completely happy with the service given by himself and his staff, even if it means extra work on him. I would highly recommend the Seaport Inn and Marina, the hotel was clean, very fairly priced and the service was fantastic. We had a perfect wedding and have nothing but good things to say about Joe Morra and his staff, and the Seaport Inn and Marina.

Thanks For Everything!
Keith & Shaunna Mott

Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank shaunna1303
Boston, MA
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 August 2011

I stayed here the night before my friend's wedding as one of her bridesmaids. Several members of the wedding party called prior to checking in and asked for a 1 PM check out on Saturday morning due to the fact that we would all be dressing at the hotel prior to the 1:30 PM ceremony and that was where our limo was to pick us up - we were told this was fine. Had a good impression of the place before arriving, then the problems began:

1. The bride's grandparents were checking in at the same time as I was, and they were being treated extremely poorly by the front desk staff. There was some confusion around their reservation (their room was booked by the bride's parents) and they attempted to secure a room at that time. They were told that the hotel was completely booked (which was absolutely not true due to some other last minute cancellations from our group), and then once they admitted they could have a room, they claimed not to take traveler's checks and were very rude in saying so.
2. When I checked in and asked about the 1 PM check out the following day, I was told absolutely not because they had another wedding coming in the next day, even thought I said that I was told over the phone that this would be fine. Clearly no one communicates with each other. Ultimately I was able to secure a later check out (as were the rest of the bridal party) after speaking to two other different people.
3. The bride and groom had left gift bags at the front desk to be given to everyone who checked in under their room block - A lot of the guests did not receive them. I had to go an ask for one later that evening.
4. There were stains on the carpet in our hotel room that were very noticeable and looked like blood. When we entered our room upon check in (it was 90 degrees outside), the air conditioning was turned off and the room was stifling.

Overall, the customer service staff was rude and incredibly unaccomodating over the entire course of our stay. The only kind people were the cleaning staff. As we were walking out to the limo, all of us carrying bouquets and the trains of our dresses, the front desk staff completely ignored us even as we were struggling to open the front doors. If you are looking for somewhere to make your special occasion memorable, I do not recommend this location.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank rsopko24
New Bedford, Massachusetts
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 July 2011

I performed a wedding at the hotel. The suite that was given to the bridal party to get ready in was very nice. The reception was held in one of the ballrooms. The room was clean, well set up with nice linen and the staff was so helpful in making sure that everything went as planned. It was a great experience as a Minister as well as a guest. The wedding party and some guests all booked rooms for the weekend.
I am also going to another wedding there in sept of this year that is being held in the large ballroom.

I have been to the Seaport Inn for other public functions as well and each time it was enjoyable. The food there in the adjoining grill/bar is very good.
They were very helpful in helping to plan the function.
Enjoy your stay there,
Rev. Lynch

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank RevLinda
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!