“Okay considering it's Fairhaven”

Seaport Inn and Marina
Ranked #2 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Reviewed 6 March 2014

Only stayed here because it was part of a wedding block, but boy do I wish I could have found my own hotel.

I initially sought a smoking room to accommodate a smoking friend that was staying with us, but i gagged as soon as I entered the smoking corridor where the smoking rooms were.

I went back to the front desk and the attendants there were very helpful and accommodating in getting me a new room.

New room was okay. Breakfast was.. okay.. location was okay...

Room Tip: don't choose a smoking room.
  • Stayed: July 2013, travelled with friends
seaport01, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 7 March 2014

I would like to Thank you for taking the time to write a review as they are very important to our Staff and our business. I am happy that the Guest Service Agent s were able accommodate you.

We are happy to inform you that as of January 1st 2014 our smoking floor has been closed and is undergoing renovations to non smoking floor so we will be a 100% Smoke Free Hotel. We are very excited to have that floor reopen so everyone will be able to enjoy the best Harbor views in the hotel. I do hope that you try us again in the future.

Reviewed 5 February 2014

I have stayed at this hotel for around 7 years at various times. Let me tell you this the staff here is truly professional and understanding. Theyre quick to exhaust all options to accommodate you. They helped me and my family more than just about the hotel. Not to mention all the things to do right in the hotel.. Thank you for your service. Thanks for being Angels all of the staff are truly amazing. Thats worth more than anything else how people treat you there. You cant put a monetary value on treatment from people. I couldnt never advise anyone to stay anywhere else. Thank You. Thank You .. Thank God for You all..D&D.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
seaport01, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

I wish there was a site to review guest and tell our stories as a hotel about the wonderful experiences we have. We meet so many people every day and the majority of the time they are positive, memorable experiences and allot of the time they feel like family and treat us the same.
We are Happy to have been able to assist you and would like Thank you for staying with us and for the amazing review. We will never forget you and your wonderful son, we look forward to seeing you again in the future.

Reviewed 16 January 2014 via mobile

Between Michelle, who helped coordinate our perfect day, and Stephanie, who kept our room block in order (even with our requests to move family away from friends), we couldn't ask for a better experience. The rooms were clean and comfortable, the front desk was more than accommodating (while juggling several keys to various rooms we never had the right one in the right place), and our wedding went so well.

Guests were happy and impressed.

If you stay here, spring for the suites. They are so impressive and nice that you feel right at home.

If you need a place for am event in Southcoast, look no further. The space is newly renovated, the rooms are great, and the food was delicious. Best we could have asked for!

Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Queenfaerie13
seaportinnmarina, Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 19 February 2014

Thank you for your review! The staff at The Seaport Inn and Marina always strive to provide the highest level of service for all of our events, and are very happy to have hit the mark with your wedding. You both were a pleasure to work with and we hope to welcome you back for many anniversaries!

Reviewed 6 January 2014

We hosted our annual Cat Show at the Seaport Inn in December. It was the first time we had been here. The Staff and accommodations were the best we have had in a very long time. We will be back! Love this place!! They also hosted our Holiday party Saturday night and a great time was had by all! Great Food, Great Price and GREAT SERVICE! With over 45 exhibitors and Judges who stayed, every person had nothing but fantastic things to say about the Seaport Inn and Marina!

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Vicky M
seaportinnmarina, Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 24 February 2014

Thank you for your review. This was our first time hosting a cat show, and your group was really a pleasure to work with. The holiday party was also a great experience, you all were so much fun! All of us at The Seaport Inn and Marina look forward to welcoming you back this year, and hope that we top the level of service and comfort you experienced.

Reviewed 24 December 2013

I would recommend the Seaport Inn to any person who believes that being a good business includes giving back to the community. The Seaport Inn has for a number of years hosted our Holiday Party for our agency which serves individuals and families meeting the challenges of intellectual and developmental disabilities. Many of these individuals live in small group homes with 24 hour a day supports. The beautifully renovated Grand Ballroom is one of the best nights out each year for the individuals we support. The heart and caring manner in which the Seaport Inn hosted this event demonstrates the best qualities of innkeepers. Their services made all of our individuals feel as if they were Royalty. If you need a place to stay this Christmas Eve I would recommend the Seaport Inn if you wanted to be treated as a King or Queen.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled on business
seaportinnmarina, Group Sales Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you so much for your feedback. We love giving back to this beautiful community and enjoy helping others in need whenever we can. We are very proud of the renovations we are doing here at the Seaport Inn and Marina and it is fantastic to hear that you enjoyed it as well. Our newly renovated Grand Ballroom is definitely one to be admired and we look forward to making it available to many upcoming events and functions.

Reviewed 17 November 2013

When my family and I chose the SeaPort Inn for a memorial service for my recently deceased Grandfather I was very impressed with how helpful Michelle was. They went so far as to make an American flag cake to honor his service in the Navy during WW2. We are forever grateful to the staff.WE feel we could not have chosen a better location. Sincer gratitude ,the Rogers Family.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank Jodi F
seaportinnmarina, Event/Catering Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Thank you so much for sharing your experience here at The Seaport Inn and Marina. We are thrilled that we were able to put some happiness into such a difficult day for your family. We wanted to somehow honor your grandfather’s service to our country, and providing the cake seemed like the perfect way to do so. We hope to welcome you back at a more cheerful time in the future.

Reviewed 15 November 2013

Made reservation by phone and was not told until check in that I needed to sign away an extra $100 on my credit card in case I damage the room. Being asked to pay ahead for damage I haven't done is just ridiculous. I asked when I would get my money back and was told, "3 to 5 business days, depending on your bank." The only damage done was to my sleep as the room overlooked a noisy parking lot. There are quite a few bars nearby. At one point, I thought a semi was idling next to the window but that noise turned out to be the room's heating unit so I turned it off. Stayed only one night.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
seaport01, General Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 16 November 2013

I would like to thank you for your review and clarify any misunderstanding about the $100 incidental deposit. I do apologize if this was not explained correctly at the time of the reservation.

It is standard procedure in almost every hotel to hold a credit card deposit for incidentals. This could be for phone calls or really anything that could be charged to your room. Hotels do this because often times some guest only have enough on the card to pay for the room and may not have enough for other things they may charge. We release the hold on the deposit as soon as you check out but every bank varies on when they release the $100 back to the guest, which I agree can be frustrating because we have no control over that the individual bank does. To avoid this a guest can leave a cash deposit which will be given back at check out and no hold will be put on the card.
I will be going over your review in a staff meeting to make sure that the guest service staff is informing all guest at the time of the reservation of this.

Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Fairfield Inn & Suites New Bedford
Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth
Hampton Inn Fall River/Westport
Dartmouth Motor Inn
Dartmouth Motor Inn
#4 of 5 in Dartmouth
Best Western Dartmouth Inn

Been to Seaport Inn and Marina? Share your experiences!