Seaport Inn and Marina
Capri Motel(Dartmouth)
US$78
US$178
US$166
All reviewsplanning processthe staff was friendly and helpfulno elevatordecent sizefront desk personhot breakfastclean roomsnice stayfree breakfastcommodore roomking bednew englandwhaling museumbedfordweddingmaintenancemass
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 18 July 2014

Our family was in town for our mother's funeral and booked six rooms at the Seaport Inn. We had looked at pictures of the rooms on the website and they looked a little small but turned out to be very adequate for our needs and nicely decorated. They were very comfortable and clean, the bed was nice, the air conditioner was just right, and the staff was just great. They went the extra mile for our family. Stephanie P., you helped make a difficult time more than bearable, We ate next door at the grill. Not fancy but we had a nice meal. We also spent time in the outside tent area at night. Again, not fancy, but so pleasant to have a place outdoors with a nice view of the boats. The Inn is undergoing renovations which should certainly make the hotel stay even more pleasant in the future. I would definitely consider staying here again.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank Jeanette L
seaportinnmarina, Group Sales Manager at Seaport Inn and Marina, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2014

Thank you very much for your feedback. I'm thrilled to hear that you and your family enjoyed your stay at the Seaport Inn and Marina. It is always so great to know that we could be a part of making such a difficult time more tolerable. We hope to see you again whenever your traveling plans bring you to the New Bedford/Fairhaven area.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This was our first visit to Fairhaven. The picture made it look like the hotel had a bustling waterfront marina. In reality in back of the hotel was an asphalt covered area, an abandoned waterfront bar, and another motel like building that was partially wrapped and boarded up. The adjacent restaurant appeared abandoned also but reading the sign told us it was closed Tuesdays, our only night there. The marina is indeed a parking lot for boats, but any other services to boaters, other than rooms, appears to have been discontinued. The hotel itself was clean. Our room overlooked the parking lot and the sliding curtain was difficult to open and close for light or privacy. The king bed took up almost the entire room, but was comfortable. We ate takeout food at the foot of the bed due to lack of space and arrangement of furniture. The wall air conditioner/heater was adjustable and kept the room comfortable on a hot muggy day. Decent flat screen TV with cable, wireless internet, alarm clock, iron/board, and hairdryer were in the room. Complimentary breakfast off the lobby from 6:30 am-9:00 am was good.

Room Tip: A water view would probably be more pleasant and afford more privacy. Some first floor rooms apparently were designed for handicapped accessibility.
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank MARY C
Reviewed 16 July 2014

Our room was really nice with a very comfy bed. It is an older hotel but right on the water. I think once they have finished renovations it will be really nice. Great brunch on the water for $12 our server was excellent.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled on business
Review collected in partnership with Easytobook.com
Reviewed 4 July 2014

I normally stay at the Marriot in Bew Bedford, but for these two days that I stayed in this area… it was full. I think it was because of the hurricane and the fact that there was a historic whaling vessel in the port, that attracted a few tourists. Nevertheless, I stayed in the Seaport (based on the positive reviews)… and this is what I think:

POSITIVE POINTS:
It is in a quiet area (a little seeady at night, I must admit), but it is perfect to relax in. After a few weeks of travelling, I actually appreciated the fact that it was away from the more confusing areas. Right near the marina, and pleasant setting.

The staff were all very friendly, and really helpful to all needs.

The room is a decent size, with an also decent sized separate working area. Internet was fast and free… always appreciated. I must say that the room was clean and the bathroom is a decent size as well. Nothing to write home about, but good enough for a couple days stay.

The gym is relatively small, but also reasonably equipped, and will get you a decent workout (I would suggest some sort of cooling inside the room).

There is ample parking, which is always a plus, expecially for free.

NEGATIVE POINTS:
Worst of all, honestly, was the terrible smell in the corridors, while walking to the room. The room is well cleaned, but the corridors are stinking with a weird smell of mold mixed with a stench of unclean carpets.

The hotel is REALLY old… and feels really, REALLY old… and in my opinion everything is in desperate need of a huge renovation as quickly as possible (especially those pathetic carpers that release a strong and unpleasant odor). The hotel is living in the middle of the past century… and needs to find itself into the 21st century, where we are living at the moment (just in case they do not know). The "relaxing spa" is under renovation. It has been forever, and according to what I heard will be until next year.

Price was truthfully unreasonable for what I received in the hotel. Too high… WAY too high.

Breakfast was really poor as well. Just an extremely basic choice of a reduced options.

SUMMING UP:
I was looking forward to coming here, based on many positive reviews. I love writing positive things about placed I go… but in all fairness, I must be honest with what I feel… and yes, I felt let down after staying in this hotel for two days.

I much prefer the Marriot accord the bridge, and will stay there or in the Hampton Inn next time. There is very little that makes me want to return to this place, unfortunately.

• Stayed: June 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Trave1Bandit
Reviewed 27 June 2014

The suite that I stayed in, room 242 I think, is great. I've stayed in this room 4 times. Big with a view etc. The staff is GREAT; Jamie the manager, Brittany, Michelle and all the others. The free breakfast is good also.

Room Tip: The suite is the best!!!
  • Stayed: June 2014, travelled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
2  Thank roland s