“Nice weekend breakfast place”
Review of Pumpernickle

Pumpernickle
Ranked #17 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Price range: US$15 - US$20
Reviewed 3 August 2014 via mobile

Employees are very friendly & Louis cracks us up. They have basic breakfast stuff with Portuguese flare if interested such as linguica & sweat bread.

Reviewed 2 August 2014

Located in the center of Fairhaven, very good selection of breakfast and lunch items. The grilled linguicia and cheese rolls were a personal favorite. Dine in and take out are both available. After eating, many opportunities to see the center of town are available as well!

Reviewed 29 July 2013

Very good, small but cute. It is byob !!! Located in the historic center of town. Reasonable prices.

Reviewed 25 February 2013

This is a very popular place with the locals and they are limited on seating. Nice daily specials, friendly feel inside, good service, menu is a little different then the basic, which is great.

Reviewed 31 October 2011

When I have the occasion to be in Fairhaven in the morning I enjoy finding my way to Pumpernickel for breakfast. It has always been a hearty, reasonably priced meal delivered by a courteous and attentive server who is typically a wealth of information about local lore, streets to avoid due to water main breaks, and the occasional tid bit of gossip. Today was no exception as our server warned us to take care on Center Street where a car had lost control over the weekend and taken down a small but promising shade tree. As an added bonus, she wore a set of spotted leopard ears on her head, a tail sticking out from behind her apron, and had painted her nose with leopard spots to match her ears. A delightful reminder that is was Halloween, even the kitchen staff got into the act looking more like Rastafarians than short order cooks, but we found the observance of the holiday in good taste and entertaining and certainly adding to the ambiance. The restaurant itself is quaintly decorated with a country kitchen feel and our server invited us to the warmest and best seat in the house far from the front door. My friend enjoyed the breakfast special of poached eggs perched on biscuits topped with hollandaise and a side of home fried potatoes. I opted for a poached egg on home made hash which was disappointing in that the hash was largely potatoes with hardly any meat and was blandly seasoned. It has been my experience that hearty portions at this restaurant do not always assure the most delectable dish, but never so offensive that I would send it back to the kitchen. On the upside the egg was poached to perfection and the pumpernickel toast was warm and lightly buttered, just the way I like it. Despite the unsavory hash, I give this restaurant a very good rating for their consistently good service and attitude.

1  Thank WampTraveler