“Second try not much better”
Review of The Fish House - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
The Fish House
Reviewed 8 January 2014

So my wife and I tried The Fish House one more time to sample their scallops. I had the broiled and my wife had the baked, both disappointing. The scallops were certainly not the freshest in town and our baked potatoes were kind of shriveled and luke warm. You can do a lot better.

There are newer reviews for The Fish House

Reviewed 5 December 2013

We finally got to try The Fish house for the first time. You may recall (if you are a local) this location as Mermaid's restaurant. Not a fancy place, it is very clean and nicely decorated. While looking at the menu, the waitress dropped off some smoked fish dip with home made chips which was quite good. We started off with the Bay Scallop appetizer, (6) bay scallops steamed in white wine, olive oil and garlic and served on the half shell. I must say that they were delicious! The menu Is heavily populated with scallops and cod so not being a huge fan of cod I ordered the Stuffed Sole special (this was the only non cod fin fish on the menu) while my wife had the Baked Stuffed Shrimp. My Sole was not bad but the stuffing was just OK and the béchamel like sauce began to separate as it cooled. Unfortunately, the same stuffing was on the shrimp which were not the freshest and the rice accompanying it was a little off tasting.

So the bay scallops we did enjoy, and speaking to a couple at the next table, we were told that the cod is also very good. Since the restaurant apparently has their own fishing boats supplying the kitchen with sea scallops and I guess cod, I think for our next try we'll stick to their strengths.