“THE FRESHEST, SWEETEST SCALLOPS THIS SIDE OF HEAVEN!”

Elisabeth's Restaurant
Ranked #1 of 64 Restaurants in Fairhaven
Cuisines: Pizza, Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 20 August 2014

Yesterday my mother-in-law and I chose to have lunch at one of the very popular restaurants in our quaint seaside town of Fairhaven, MA. We certainly chose well, since we both chose the baked scallops luncheon portion and we were beyond satisfied!! The scallops were sweet and soft and savory and the best I have ever had---we both agreed on this point!! The restaurant is decorated in bistro style, with a martini bar, but other cocktails are served. My daughter and son-in-law lived in NYC for quite a while, and they love this restaurant because it reminds them of the trendy eating places in the West Village or Soho. We are very fortunate living in this town since many restaurant owners own their own fishing boats or are able to get fresh seafood daily, so we are treated to the best the ocean has to offer. I would highly recommend this restaurant, and at crowded times, Margaret's Restaurant is right next door, and serves the same excellent seafood along with other very interesting entrees, and is a BYOB eatery.

1  Thank Sandra Q
There are newer reviews for Elisabeth's Restaurant

Reviewed 10 August 2014 via mobile

We're very new to the area I saw the reviews and figured they were good so for my 10 year anniversary we decided to go.Service was horrible took awhile for waitress to come to our table and she seemed like she couldnt be bothered not very friendly. Our appetizer was burnt & cook tried to cover it up by adding cheese. The fish was so small and crispy. Was loud and we couldn't even hear each other. Wasn't a very good 10 year anniversary dinner. We didn't bother staying for desert.

1  Thank kristy a
Reviewed 4 August 2014

Great food and service. It does get busy though so go early. The area around the restaurant is also very nice.

Reviewed 1 August 2014

OK we loved this place. Went once sometimes twice a week for the last 3 years. This year sad to say things have changed and we don't think for the better. As word has it the owner fired both bartenders a waitress and one of the chefs. We still had a good meal so things should be OK. Well we went away for a month and when we got back went to our "go to" place for dinner. We have determined that the changes in personal did not make the restaurant better in fact we think they made it worse. We miss the greetings and good conversations we used to get from the bartenders no matter what night we went. They changed the wine list and no longer serve what I drink. the back bar wasn't stocked as in the past and they did not have the beer selections either. Service at the bar was just OK. I had to ask the bartender for the bread which is always served before your meal. When my meal came I asked for another glass of wine which she finally gave me after I pointed to my empty glass again. We got our meals after other customers got there's who had ordered after us. Half the light bulbs were burned out, the dessert case was unlit so you could not what you were ordering. As far as my meal it lacked the amount of lobster from previous visits and seemed to have less flavor and more of a bread crumb filler. What historically was a very busy restaurant, there now seems to be no problem walking in getting seated. We won't return.

3  Thank Mag40
Reviewed 17 July 2014

This is such a nice casual restaurant. The menu has so many choices for various palettes. The fish and chip was light and moist. Clam chowder amazing and sandwiches made to order.