“Good Stay”

Ranked #1 of 3 Hotels in Fairhaven
Connecticut
“Good Stay”
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Checked in here on a late Monday night after midnight with an advanced reservation. Room was all set to go, but, I had a question about possibly having a day rate since it was after midnight. The front desk suggested I speak to the manager in the morning but quickly looked and said, "Since you are staying with us for a few days, I can upgrade your room to a king suite, would that settle the difference?" To my surprise, she made an executive decision acknowledging my concern. After locking mysefl out of my room @ 3am, there was actually an attendent at the front desk !!...She made me a new card so I could get back in.
I rested well and had an enjoyable breakfast the next morning with all the works. Coffee, tea, water, 4 kinds of juice, bagels, toast, cereal, eggs, bacon, and,3 or 4 kinds of pastries.

Room Tip: Option of elevators on the far end of hotel or near lobby. Take your pick. Rooms are quieter near th...
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank rodioCT

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (25)
New Jersey
Reviewed 20 February 2012

We stayed here because we needed to be close for an early AM event in the area...left too early to get breakfast, but we were given a bag breakfast. Fresh coffee was being made as we left at 5:15 AM, so I was able to get a cup of coffee on my way out. We spoke with the front desk 3 separate times, (so I think we covered every shift!) and the employees were very friendly and accommodating. The room was fresh and clean and the temp controls worked perfectly. Will stay here again when we are in the area.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank AnneBonny10
Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 17 January 2012

Stayed in hotel (on and off) for several months while working in the local area on an overseas assignment. The hotel facilities are good and what you would expect for this hotel chain. Fod breakfast a little lacking, Thank good for Dunkin Donuts. It is in a general quiet area so not much neighbour noise but this also comes with limited facilities around so if you are staying for a while you need to travel to find good food.

Room Tip: Higher floors are slightly quieter
  • Stayed July 2011, travelled on business
1 Thank SometimesSkiing
New Hampshire
Reviewed 19 October 2011

Was just a short 1 night stay while we visited local activities (King Richard's Faire, Edaville Railroad).
The hotel was easy to find, in an area surrounded by retail shops and restaurants. The hotel lobby was clean, the front desk staff friendly and efficient. Our room was a suite, with a separate living room. The room was very clean, everything worked, and the bed was very comfortable. Wireless internet and breakfast are included. The fridge and microwave came in handy, and the free coffe in the lobby was good. A nice place for a weekend trip.

Room Tip: For me, in a small hotel , the ground floor is the best place. Easy to get in and out of the hotel...
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank moretosee
Limassol, Cyprus
Reviewed 14 September 2011

I am a bit surprised by some of the 5 star comments I read. This is a very average property, not good not bad. Room was normal, amenities in bathroom very normal, breakfast below normal actually quite pathetic. Not a place I would return to if I come back the same area, but a place you could sleep in if you pass by and you are looking for a place to spend the night.
Location also is not big deal, it's 4 miles from Fairhaven and within a mall/fast food area, just outside the highway.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled on business
3 Thank GPS001
Cambriddge, VT
Reviewed 12 September 2011

This was a great place for us to stay when we returned home to Cape Cod for a wedding. We had stayed in a B&B the night before and what a disaster. We got out of there ASAP and started to search for a simple, clean, comfortable place to stay. We are used to five star resorts and couldn't even get into one d/t the end of the Labor Day weekend.
We arrived to find the Hampton to be neat, emaculate, and wonderful staff. I had requested an early check in and they made that happen. The best part was that they do the linens onsite everyday. Even the coverlet. I am a person who looks for bed bugs and dirty AC filters immediately. The mattress, pillows, and linens were in perfect crispt condition. No signs of anyone having ever slept in that bed (if you get my drift). The pool was small but clean and very quiet. The continental breakfast was just fine. All in all, we were very satisfied and would definitely return there again. I am a very difficulty person to please when it comes to hotels so you can take this review to the bank.

• Stayed September 2011, travelled with family
3 Thank Moondance544
Philadelphia
Reviewed 24 August 2011

Not the best Hampton Inn I've stayed in but good enough. Very helpful staff. Smallish rooms with definite odor problem and we had a malfunctioning toilet. Nice flat-screen tv in the room and decent climate control. Small circular pool which was enjoyable with kids after a day on the road. Typically satisfying Hampton Inn breakfast.

• Stayed August 2011, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Fairhaven
Seaport Inn and Marina
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
Best Western Dartmouth Inn
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
TownePlace Suites Wareham Buzzards Bay

Been to Hampton Inn New Bedford / Fairhaven? Share your experiences!