“Fantastic tour for all paranormal/mystery fans!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Fall River
Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast
Ranked #1 of 2 Fall River B&B and Inns
twotreessucks
“Fantastic tour for all paranormal/mystery fans!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 23 November 2013

We only did the tour but it was so much fun! Our guide's name was Deb and she was very sweet and informative! She made the tour great by adding little details and was great with the 8 year old we brought. She answered any questions we had and you can tell she is very passionate about her job. The house itself has a very creepy vibe and there are little pictures/evidence everywhere. We are definitely planning an overnight stay soon! Great day trip if you are into the paranormal and crime :)

• Stayed November 2013
4 Thank twotreessucks

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (87)
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 November 2013

OK, I will admit to being one of those people who remains fascinated by the Lizzie Borden story. So when we found ourselves with a few extra hours to blow in that area, I knew immediately how I wanted to spent it. And they did not disappoint. The house tour is really fun. They've done a very good job of getting period pieces into the house, even though they are not the originals. I expected the house might feel a little more haunted but I think all the years of having it be a private residence probably tamed the spirits. And, of course, there have been some changes to accommodate the b&b aspect but if you are fascinated by Lizzie Borden, take the time and go. We were the only 2 on our tour and so we got a little extended time and a few extra stories which I really appreciated. It was wonderful to get the guide's take on what really happened -- I won't tell. You'll have to go yourself. And they have a great gift shop with the kind of kitschy stuff you would expect. Also have maps to get you to the house Lizzie bought after the murders (it was for sale!) and the cemetery where painted footsteps lead you to the Borden plot where Lizzie lies head to toe with her father! Do go. You will enjoy it!!!

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
6 Thank LesleyLaramie
Hartford, Connecticut
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 October 2013

My friends and I enjoyed the guided tour of the house at night. We loved that there were personal paranormal stories along with interesting photographs. There were coffee and cookies offered. The snacks and coffee were excellent. We stayed in the Abby Sullivan and John Morse room. The rooms were very clean and comfortable. We didn't experience anything paranormal, but we enjoyed our stay! The breakfast in the morning with eggs and johny cakes was delicious.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
4 Thank Ashley602
Brooklyn, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 October 2013

My husband and I spent one night at the Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast. We had a great time and thought the experience was absolutely fascinating. We checked in at 5:00 p.m. and went out for dinner/drinks after we found our room--which was Lizzie's bedroom. We went to the Adagio Piano Bar one block away from the B&B before the 8:00 p.m. tour. The staff at the bar/restaurant told us that they never had been in the house. They had heard too many stories about the hauntings. It certainly added to the adventure we were going to have.

At 8:00 p.m., we met the rest of the group staying at the house for a FULL tour of the house. We were able to tour every level, and the tour guide gave us fascinating stories about the murder, Borden family, and life in Fall River in the 1890s. Of course they gave us a few ghost/haunting stories as well. After the tour, we decided to visit the Borden gravesite at the local cemetery. We had to use our cell phones as flashlights since it was completely dark. Quite chilling.

Our night at the Borden House was restful, but I have to admit I was very aware of every single noise in the house through the night after our chilling tour. I'm not really into the paranormal, but I did find it interesting that some of my photos of the interior of the house came out blank/blacked out on my iPhone camera. Was it the Bordens or just the new operating system on my iPhone? Who knows...

The next morning we had breakfast with our tour group and shared stories about the evening. It was great to re-group. I have to admit the breakfast was not spectacular, but that is certainly not the main attraction at this B&B.

After our breakfast, we spent the day at Newport, RI and visited the mansions (The Breakers, Marble House). We thought it was interesting that many of the Newport Mansions were built during the time of the murders and trial of Lizzie Borden. A very interesting time and place in our American history.

Room Tip: We loved Lizzie's bedroom.
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with friends
      Sleep Quality
5 Thank BillyburgTraveler
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 August 2013

My husband and I arrived around 7:30pm on August 28, 2013. We were met at our car by the tour guide Rick, who offered to carry our bags for us (we declined, but it was great hospitality), we were taken to our room to put our bags down and jumped right into a tour. We were the only guests in the house that night, so I feel like we got an extra in depth tour! Rick was awesome, giving us facts and stories not many have heard before. He told us about his own experience in the house and his wife's experiences, who is also a tour guide at the house. After the tour we settled into our room for the night, went exploring around the house, took a ton of pictures, watched a DVD and then went to sleep. We didn't experience anything paranormal, but it was definitely an experience we will never forget! Thanks again, Rick! We will be back and hopefully bring friends with us next time.
P.S. breakfast in the morning was great.

• Stayed August 2013
9 Thank Lindsey123Marie
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 August 2013

Stayed one night in the John Morse room. After we checked in we checked out the Borden Family graves. We surprised to see fresh flowers on Lizzie's grave. We went to lunch at Patty's Pierogis (as seen on Diner's Drive inns and Dives) and had a great lunch. Came back and settled in for an evening tour of the house. Our tour guide gave us great tour. They covered the history of the Borden murders as well as talking about the guests and owners ghostly experiences at the house. They also have the movie the "Legend of Lizzie Borden" starring Elizabeth Montgomery. We watched that after the tour. We didn't experience any ghostly encounters but we did sleep with one eye open. Breakfast the next morning was delicious! Thoroughly enjoyed our stay!

Room Tip: stay in the murder room if you dare!
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Lbehind
East Providence, Rhode Island
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

I had a great time here. The service, food, and room were wonderful. I loved the tour of the house and its history. The guide mixed the historic facts of the murders as well his own beliefs about the family and the trial. I would recommend this to all my family and friends.

• Stayed July 2013
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
BEST WESTERN Dartmouth Inn
#2 of 5 in North Dartmouth
Residence Inn New Bedford Dartmouth

Been to Lizzie Borden Bed and Breakfast? Share your experiences!