“Authentic Portuguese food!!!”

Caldeiras Restaurant
Ranked #4 of 230 Restaurants in Fall River
Cuisines: Portuguese
Reviewed 11 October 2013

In for a family visit from oklahoma. Went there with a party of 7 and the service and the food/wine was superb!!! Both the galinha-alentejana and baked scallops were just delicious. And you just can't beat the price. Very reasonable. There's no place like Fall River! Love it! Love it! Love it!

Definitely going back!

2  Thank Desertchicks

Reviewed 6 August 2013 via mobile

I decided to give another chance to this place after almost 2 years. But again it was disappointing. The food is good, tasteful, but that is it. The service is slow and not very welcoming. It was during lunch time and there was only one waitress to take care of all customers. Last thing, it is expensive and the portion size is small.

Reviewed 29 July 2013 via mobile

You can't go wrong here. The food is consistently excellent and the service is always good. It is also not overpriced, try the shrimp Mozambique...my favorite!

Reviewed 29 May 2013

I had read a review of Caldeiras in my local paper and it was so glowing that I knew I had to give it a try. We quickly invited some close friends that we hadn't seen in awhile to meet us there on a Thursday night. Unbeknownst to us, that enabled us to take advantage of a very nice "2-for" special where you get a choice of perhaps 8 or 9 lovely meals, plus whatever specials they were having, along with a bottle of wine (with four to choose from) for $24, a steal.

My wife chose the shish kabob special which was perfectly cooked and expertly seasoned. It featured lean chunks of beef interspersed with slices of chorico (Portuguese sausage), onions and green peppers. The meal came with two outstanding potato cakes, mixed roasted vegetables, and lots of oohs and ahhs from my wife!

I ordered crispy fried fillets of fish with shrimp and garlic sauce and it was simply outstanding. Perfectly cooked and seasoned, it came with amazing fresh cut french fries, very good rice, and by the time I was half way done with the meal, I was already planning my return trip, it was that good.

We split a fantastic Tiramisu that was just perfect, and excellent coffee. Our friends has similary excellent meals, and it was agreed that this was a real destination restaurant, as good as any big-city dining experience we'd had. The bill came to an astonishing $76 for four people, and it was worth twice that.

VERY highly recommended.

2  Thank Pete R
Reviewed 25 April 2013

We have gone to this restaurant a few times and the food and service is consistent. Very good!!!
Service is excellent and the Sunday thru Thursday special of two dinners and a bottle of wine for $25.00 is an excellent value. The owner always comes over to make sure we are being taken care of. Highly recommend this place. Parking is in short supply but at night you can park across the street at the bank parking lot.

2  Thank Philip W