“Portugese Please!”
Review of Sagres Restaurant

Sagres Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 230 Restaurants in Fall River
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Romantic, Groups, Kids, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Special Occasion Dining, Child-friendly
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Newport, Rhode Island
“Portugese Please!”
Reviewed 9 June 2013

If you like the Portuguese dishes this is the place..Family style atmosphere and the food is excellent

Visited October 2012
3 Thank sandra r

Otisfield
“Best Portuguese Food Ever”
Reviewed 28 May 2013

8 of us visited this restaurant on Sunday May 19th. The service was excellent but when the food arrived we were all blown away. The flavors were incredible and each dish was fantasic. The pork with clams was the best we ever had and the paella was great. Next time we are in the Fall River area we will visit again, or maybe we will drive down from Maine just to enjoy the food.

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank John P
Jamestown, RI
“First timer”
Reviewed 24 May 2013

Although I've lived in southern New England most of my life, this was my first time at Sagres. It had been recommended by my co-workers. At the first taste of the rice in the Paella I had to stop and text "Wow!!" to the friend that had recommended it. My wife had grilled cod that was also out of this world. I started off with kale soup made with a pureed potato base that was great.
Fantastic is all I can say. And the service was also first rate. I will be back many times, as I hope to go through the menu.
I cannot recommend this restaurant highly enough. Tops.

• Visited May 2013
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Excellent Portuguese food”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

Excellent service and the fish was fresh and flavorful. Another person at our table had a steak and they enjoyed it. Waiter was also very good with children and honored their request for fries. Sagres is consistently good.

Visited November 2012
East Sandwich, Massachusetts
“Great Portugese Restaurant”
Reviewed 22 March 2013

We went for lunch and found the menu to be quite extensive. It features authentic Portugese cuisine. I had the pork and liver combination. It came with potatoes and was served in a spicy sauce. The portion was so large that I brought half of it home. My wife had the pork dailt special which consisted of 2 porks steaks served with round fries, rice and a salad. Both dishes were delicious.

The service was outstanding. The waiter took the time to explain how each dish was prepared and the menu contains a description of each dish.

The restaurant is large and can accommodate large groups. The decors is interesting but not intimate. They have very interesting paintings on the walls.

Parking is on the street but it was very easy to find a place to park. I would recommend this restaurant very highly.

• Visited March 2013