“Not open yet, maybe September 2014”
Review of Sagres Restaurant

Sagres Restaurant
Ranked #5 of 230 Restaurants in Fall River
Price range: US$0 - US$12
Good for: Romantic, Business meetings, Local cuisine, Child-friendly, Kids, Special Occasion Dining, Groups
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Full Bar, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Toronto, Canada
“Not open yet, maybe September 2014”
Reviewed 8 May 2014

This isn't an actual review, only a clarification of the previous review. On Yelp, I noticed that the restaurant is shown as closed. I called the number on the restaurant's website and a fellow told me that they are indeed closed. Hopefully by September, they'll be open again.

• Visited May 2014
3 Thank Gigis_mum

Assonet, MA, U.S.
“we just LOVE Sagres”
Reviewed 15 April 2014

First off, if you don't like dishes like shrimp mozambique and pork alentejana, this might not be the place for you. Having said that, Sagres has the BEST shrimp mozambique in the area. The terra cotta dish comes to your table bubbling,sizzling hot and garlic and lemon perfume the air. This is our favorite Portuguese restaurant and there are many to choose from in this neck of the woods.It is a warm, comfortable dining area that is usually packed but you are never neglected by the great waiters or the owner, Victor. He always makes sure to stop by and ask how you are enjoying your meal. Sadly, everything I just wrote is on hold as Sagres was completely destroyed by a fire last year. Rebuild is just beginning so we can look forward to fantastic Portuguese food again.

• Visited May 2013
2 Thank tidge
Virginia Beach, Virginia
“My favorite restaurant in the area.”
Reviewed 14 April 2014

A few years ago I lived in Newport for a short time and discovered this restaurant one day by chance. It immediately became my favorite and I would drive up for dinner at least twice a month. I'd take any visiting friends or family there for dinner and they always asked why I wanted to take them out of town when Newport has so many great restaurants? After the meal, however, they understood why. This is hands down the best Portuguese food I've ever had(and the prices aren't bad either).

I moved away from Newport 2 years ago and have made it back for a few visits since then, always looking forward to dinner at Sagres. I'll be visiting Newport again this coming weekend and of course planned to eat at Sagres, but was shocked to learn about the fire. While very sad that I won't be able to eat there, I am happy to report that they did answer the phone and told me that they will be re-opening sometime this summer. I can't wait!

• Visited May 2013
1 Thank frank3355
Fall River, Massachusetts
“Sagres rising from the ashes?”
Reviewed 5 March 2014

A catastrophic fire resulted in the building being demolished in 2013. Owners have plans to rebuild. No construction initiated to date. Former patrons are hopeful as the food and dining experience were well-loved by locals and visitors.

• Visited April 2013
1 Thank August48
“Can't give it enough praise!!! Real portuguese food, real good!!”
Reviewed 10 October 2013

Really well made Portuguese food, just like in Portuguese mainland.
Just the right flavor and cooked perfectly.

Visited April 2013