“great grinders”

Ranked #5 of 30 Bakeries in Fall River
fall river, MA.
“great grinders”
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Very good grinders, lots of choices, and very reasonably priced. many other choices besides grinders. Quick efficient service.

• Visited June 2014

Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“M-M-Marcucci's (Spoken in the tone of Homer Simpson)”
Reviewed 20 June 2014

First off, this place is not a restaurant. There is very little seating. I guess it kind of falls into the bakery category. I'm 52 and my parents would take me there when I was a little boy. Their Italian Grinder is like no other that you have ever tasted. It's definitely a Fall River original. I don't live near the town anymore, but when I get back to the area, Marcucci's Grinder Shop and Hartley's Pork Pies in Fall River, are always on my Gluttony Agenda.
Bottom line, this place has been in business for many, many years, and I know why.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank YourNameHere_X_
Portland, Maine
“Thinking of custard cups”
Reviewed 13 March 2013

I often find myself thinking about Marcucci's custard cups. There's just something about their soft texture that I love. It's probably for the best that I don't get down to Fall River all that often, because I could eat boxes of Marcucci's custard cups.

As other reviewers note, the grinders are great, but I'm partial to the chourico pizza. At one level, it's just New England bakery pizza, but the soft crust, the understated tartness of the tomato in the sauce, and the spicy chourico combine to make one of life's simple pleasures.

As far as the Marcucci's v. Marzilli's debate goes, yes, I'm partial to Marcucci's. Marzilli's is quite good, but the custard cups give Marcucci's the edge in my mind.

• Visited July 2012
2 Thank Citizen_of_Amherst
“I am not a local. If you have never had portuguese sausage (chourico) get a chourico (pronounced shir ees') and pepper grinder. ”
Reviewed 10 March 2013

I have some lifelong friends in neighboring westport, ma. Many years ago, I was introduced to chourico. It is the best sausage I have ever had. Marcucci's has been at this location at least 20 years that I know of. The bakery/sandwich shop is designed more for carryout. The people who work there are all very friendly, very fast. Not being from here, I truely enjoyed listening to the other patrons speak. This restaurant, reflects the warmth that I have found in the portuguese-american population in this area of massachusetts. Go there for the best sandwich (grinder) you may ever eat. The portions are huge for the low menu prices. If you pass this place and go to a Subway's, you are missing out on some truely great food.

1 Thank scooter123456
Massachusetts
“Great grinders!”
Reviewed 25 February 2013

This place has the best grinders and the large is VERY large. I think you will love it here. Just a hole in the wall but sometimes those places are the best.

Visited February 2013