Corales Punta Rusia
Punta Rucia Lodge(Punta Rucia)
US$319
US$206
Cofresi Palm Beach & Spa Resort(Puerto Plata)(Great Value!)
US$200
US$141
Bookit.com
  • Pool
US$194
US$131
Bookit.com
  • Pool
No availability for your dates from our partners
TripAdvisor
Hotel Playa Grande(Puerto Plata)
  • Breakfast included
All reviewsparadise islandcayo arenadominican republicthe ownerwonderful stayoff the beaten trackfishrenecorralesdivingwifiboatvisitorsmanateesdrminimumtour
Reviewed 27 October 2013

I've been to this area many times and stayed in several different places. This is definitely the best in the area. The rooms are clean and modern. The owner is extremely helpful and cooks a great breakfast. I will not stay in another place in the area after staying here.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
Reviewed 7 June 2013

My husband and I have a vacation home in Cabarete, Dominican Republic and HANDS DOWN we visit Rene and his group every time we are here! It's a 2 hour drive from Cabarete and well worth the time! We get there and Rene has yummy coffee ready for us. Then he drives us down to the marina, we get in a boat and they drive us directly to Paradise Island. We stay as long as we want (it's a private tour). We snorkel, dive, lay in the sun, sit in the huts if we want to get out of the sun, eat fresh fruit and walk the parameter of the beach which is only 262 steps. Then we get back into the boat and they give us an exciting tour in the mangroves. When we are done we go back to the marina. The fishermen arrive after us and Rene picks the fish he will cook for us. SUPER FRESH FISH! He prepares it I front of us. He is an AMAZING cook and host. I 110% recommend it to everyone!

Stayed: June 2013, travelled with friends
1  Thank Ronda J
Reviewed 18 April 2013

We found Corales after giving a look around at different places in Punta Rusia; I had had a terrible day so my humor was really down, as soon as we enter the place i said YES!! Rene wellcomes us with a wonderfull smile and show us the rooms... clean, colorefull and very wellcoming!! we asked him where we could eat and he said.. do not worry i will cook for you anything i can find FRESH!!! we asked him info to go to Cayo Arena and he organized the boat for us at a special price for the day after!!! we only had to relax, sipping our wine looking out at the sunset, waiting for our wonderfull fresh fish dinner in a very tipical dining room!!! the day after he brought us to the boat and made sure everithing was ok!! Thank you Rene for your special attention!!! we will be back!!

Room Tip: Todas las habitaciones son vista mar!!!
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank and48_13
Reviewed 8 January 2013

I have been to this small b & b quite a few times, with family and friends and I have plans to always continue going as long as I am in the area! I practice eco tourism all over the Dominican Republic and one of the biggest problems I have with lodging is the fact that sometimes people think simple means ugly and dirty, and Rene (the owner) has proven all these people wrong. This very small hotel (only has about 6 bedrooms) is decorated very nicely, with small touches that make it feel cozy and they are always very clean. Each bedroom has a bathroom, 2 beds and a table with two chairs. But I always prefer to hang out in the hammocks or rocking chairs outside of the rooms and enjoy the amazing views!

What makes this place stand out the most, however, is the owner Rene. He is simply a great host, there is no other way to put it and to top it all off he is by far one of the best chefs that I know in the DR! There is a lounge/bar/restaurant area where I hang out at night, have drinks and listen to good music and then end the night by eating some unique amazing dish prepared by Rene.

I recommend this place to anyone and everyone, it is affordable, fun, clean, kid and dog friendly, what more could you ask for?!

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank OlyenkaS
Reviewed 2 January 2013

...stay here! We had such a wonderful time staying at Corales, and we weren't the only ones. We met other travelers who had already booked a trip back in a few months before they had even departed.

The rooms were clean, comfortable, and had a simple, modern Carribean design. The views were wonderful - all rooms have an ocean view, but from the second floor you can see all the way to Cayo Arena - five miles away (as the crow flies).

The best recommendation for this place, however, is the management. So kind, friendly, and such good food! I repeat - such. good. food. We had some amazing food in the Dominican Republic, but this was one of the best.

The hotel is small, off the beaten path, and very close to all kinds of amazing attractions. My husband and I are planning a trip back with our daughter in the next few years, and we will be spending a large part of that at Corales.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple