“Worst meal ever”
Review of Osteria La Civetta

Osteria La Civetta
Reserve with OpenTable
Osteria La Civetta is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #22 of 162 Restaurants in Falmouth
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Child-friendly, Romantic, Special Occasion Dining
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, After-hours, Full Bar, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Australia
“Worst meal ever”
Reviewed 12 October 2013

We were recommended to go here .We both ordered the ossobucco which was the special of the night .It was I edible ,full of gristle ,cold and old .I had to send mine back and changed to the swordfish which was better .My wife didn't eat hers either .
The staff member was very apologetic and obliging .This is not a cheap restaurant so there are no excuses .i note management didn't bother to come and apologise .

• Visited October 2013

Ct
“Nice place to go”
Reviewed 24 September 2013

The food was quite good, but it is also a comfortable place to dine. The staff could not have been nicer.

• Visited September 2013
Falmouth, Massachusetts
“Why on earth do people NOT like this place? It's quite good!”
Reviewed 21 September 2013 via mobile

OK, it's NOT Italy, it's Falmouth... yes, it's a bit noisy - because a LOT of people enjoy this place! If you don't want noise, do NOT go here! Its not quiet, hush hush kind of place. We had great service the other night, and pleasant service! I'm a former waitress...I'm not easy on wait staff. The food was very good! It wasn't amazing, but fairly authentic Italian (i.e. NOT Italian-American) that's good, is what I want! The bad reviews really annoy me....these people were having bad days or something. Please, if you are reasonable people who don't expect to be the ONLY table a waitress waits on... and who want a good meal, please don't think twice. WE did, and we're locals who waited a year before going...wish we went earlier. It's a nice addition to our restaurant repertoire!

Visited September 2013
2 Thank Carrie L
Verona, NJ
“Very disappointed tonight”
Reviewed 21 September 2013

During our annual trip to the Cape we've had dinner here every year since the opened 4 years ago. The food has always been very good and tonight was no exception.

However, I think this place may be coming popular to the point where they are cramming in as many tables as they can possibly fit in order to meet the demand. Tonight we were seated at a table that had been set for 3 that was literally 6 inches away from another table that was set for 3. Initially, it was tolerable because the neighboring table was empty but once someone was seated there it became uncomfortable at best. I literally could have reached over and dipped my fork into the plate of the person sitting to my left. In addition to that once they started carrying on a conversation I couldn't hear my husband speaking to me. No coffee or dessert for us tonight because I just could not get out of there fast enough tonight.

PS yes the food was very good BUT I ordered iced tea that was absolutely gross. My husband tasted it and said it tasted like swamp water and I must say he was absolutely correct.

Had tonight been our first ever visit to Osteria it definitely would have been our last. To the owners I say if you want people to enjoy a meal and to linger and order coffee and or dessert take a tab le or 2 out of each room.

• Visited September 2013
Carefree, Arizona
“good food poor service”
Reviewed 9 September 2013

We went here our second night in Falmouth. The food was decent, the prices were fare, the service was way too slow. Really wish we would have returned to the Glass Onion to spend our calories. Husband liked it, but he will eat anything.

Visited August 2013