“Not what we expected.”

Ranked #7 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Atlanta, Georgia
“Not what we expected.”
Reviewed 2 August 2014

The two ladies who run the motel were very friendly and have put some nice touches to the motel. It is very convenient for walking to the ferry for Martha's Vineyard (15-20 min walk).

However it comes down to a good night's sleep and an adequate bathroom. Once we learned the air conditioner had to be on the highest possible setting; we were able to cool the room. It is very noisy at this level so I had to alternate cooling enough to sleep and turning off the air conditioner to rest from the noise until it became too muggy again. (not a restful sleep)

Using my hair dryer blew the fuse shutting off everything and we lost the middle of our tv show we were watching. I went to bed with wet hair and had two days of "bad hair". The toilet seems to lean into the tub ( floor unlevel?). Also the toilet seat was not anchored properly which mgment had not known and they will look at it.

A lot of people smoke; however we were fortunate that our neighbors did not smoke. Parking is very tight, so once we parked our SUV, we did not move it until we left. It was possible to walk to restaurants.

It is an older property and once they fix the stains on the bath and sink, noisy air conditioner units, clean the mini blinds, it might be a cute nostalgia motel......but they just aren't there yet... in my opinion. I felt it was over priced for what we dealt with.

Room Tip: We were in the back room 18 so we only had neighbors on one side. You can hear your neighbors.
1 Thank WaterviewSeeker
townbeach, Owner at Town and Beach Motel, responded to this review, 3 August 2014
I'm really not sure where to begin with this "review" I would first like to say it was unexpected but unfortunately after spending two days with this couple it was very expected. I can't address everything on this laundry list, but the most important issues are as fallows.
First, the A.C.s When you first checkin the rooms are warm and most people put the A.C.s on high to cool the room down, then turn to low to maintain the temp. I explained this to the couple however them must have misunderstood, so for that I am sorry.
Second, the beds. All our mattresses are brand new, most purchased at Boston Interiors and we have had no complaints, if anything we have had raves about the quality.
The bathrooms are older and i'm not sure what was meant by not being level. however the room was checked and everything seemed to be fine, form the "stained baths" to the" mini blinds".
I'm sorry this couple did not have a wonderful time as most of our guest do. We have stated repeatedly that we are a small family run motel, not a large resort. Please take the time to read all the reviews and we look forward to seeing you on Cape Cod.

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
New York
Reviewed 30 July 2014

We just returned from a much too short visit to the Cape. We enjoyed our stay so much at Town and Beach Motel that we are already planning our return for next summer !! The 2 very kind women (apologize for never asking your names ) who it seems run/own the motel are incredibly informative,down to earth and a pleasure to speak with. The motel is perfectly located,well kept,and a hidden gem. We had never been to Mass,or the Cape before...and we had a wonderful experience all around. Clean,just the right amenities....safe....ideal location. Couldn't have asked for better !!! See ya next year :)

Room Tip: The a/c was a bit noisy....so maybe that can be addressed going forward...and the well lit parking l...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 29 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed here last weekend with my girlfriend. We had to book online and only had the option for 2 beds, when we checked in we were asked I'd we would prefer a king bed since they had a cancelation. Very pleasant and friendly staff. The room was clean, pretty spacious for a motel and comfortable. We even got our own mini fridge as a part of the very reasonable rate. Looking forward to staying here next time we're on the Cape!

Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
Webster, Massachusetts
Reviewed 29 July 2014

A great affordable very clean motel , upon opening the door to our room ; the smell of clean laundered linens , vinyl flooring ( no carpeting is a plus ) decor very pleasing , bathroom very clean all around a great place with great rates within walking distance to shopping , dining and beaches and cannot forget the staff , exceptional.

Room Tip: Park your car and leave it for your stay , walking convenience is exceptional ,
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 27 July 2014

We loved our stay at Town and Beach! The staff at the front desk were very helpful and courteous. The rooms were clean, the price was great, and the location was right downtown. We could have walked to several restaurants had it not been raining.
My favorite part was the quirky details. There were lots of fixtures left over from the 60s or so, making it feel like a Madmen set. The door knocker, built-in wall tissue box, and built-in bottle opener added a lot of charm. The place was kept up well, though not a luxury hotel. Which, after all, wasn't what I was paying for. Highly recommended!

1 Thank James_64234
Pompano Beach, Florida
Reviewed 24 July 2014

I loved my stay! This quaint motel has rooms with character and I appreciated that my room was spacious, clean and accomodating. The staff was very sincere, as I was there on family emergency. It is less than a five minute walk to downtown and I took advantage of that for my evening wine. The first restaurant you'll pass is a great Mexican restaurant. I was there alone and definately felt safe walking to downtown and at the motel. I do recommend for small families, couples or singles.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank alligatorali
New York City, New York
Reviewed 21 July 2014

This place is great. This was the second time my girlfriend and I have stayed here for a weekend on the Cape. The motel is perfectly located right in the middle of Falmouth and its no more than a 3 minute walk to a number of restaurants. The room was clean and spacious with a comfortable bed, we stayed in a room with a king bed. The staff couldn't have been more friendly, we arrived after check-in on Friday because of traffic and the front desk lady left the room unlocked with the key inside and the A/C on for us. Then in the morning when we went to officially check-in she suggested a great place for breakfast right down the road. The motel is also about a half mile from the beach so if you want to save $15 in parking its very walkable. I would definitely recommend staying here and will definitely be back for an affordable cape weekend.