“Terrific value, location, friendly”

Town and Beach Motel
Ranked #5 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 24 August 2014

Found Town and Beach on the internet and rented based on Main St location before we learned what a great value it is. Built in the 50's, 18 units, the rooms are small but spotlessly clean, bathrooms upgraded with modern fixtures, flat screen TV and an excellent thru the window a/c. Operated by owner Virginia and her right hand Terri, the only office staff. Both ladies friendly, helpful and eager to please. Rooms are small so would warn away travelers with any children although, for a night, Mom, Dad and one small child could get by. The beds are king size. Very little extra space to store luggage or even to lay out the junk from one's pockets on a table surface. A good refrigerator. Located across the street from the fire dept right on the end of the part of Main St where all the shops and restaurants attractive to tourists are located. See my review for Betsy's Diner, a two hundred yard walk East for an outstanding breakfast. T&B runs a special for three nights midweek for $95 (half what anyone else charges in Falmouth) and includes two ferry tickets to Martha's Vineyard ($40 cost if you have to buy them). My 5 star rating is based on location, value, and very friendly helpful staff. If I could afford $200 or $300 without thinking about the cost, I'd probably stay somewhere more luxurious but for what we paid and the wonderful location, T&B is FIVE STAR.

Room Tip: Eighteen rooms, the higher the number the farther you are from the street. We had room 6 and were s...
  • Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank djherr

Reviewed 20 August 2014

Just stayed at town and beach motel for 3 days august 2014. Room was so clean, comfortable king size bed. Very quaint room. Walked to Falmouth center every night. Cute little town, lots of shops and places to eat. Very close to beaches. Ginny and Terry the owners were so nice and very friendly. Will definitely be back!

• Stayed: August 2014
2  Thank Armys123
Reviewed 9 August 2014

We absolutely loved our stay and it was everything that we were looking for! Ginny and Teri could not have made us feel anymore welcome. Our room was extremely comfortable and we slept really well. I felt the stress of my job melt away and needed this relaxation. The location is fabulous and a short walk to great restaurants and shopping. We loved waking up in the morning and watching Ozzie & Harriet (Osprey) trying to kick their chicks out of the nest. Quite entertaining. We encountered a couple who I guess expected more of a resort. Terri and Ginny did everything to make their stay as enjoyable for them as possible. They have incredible people skills and we did not want to leave. I highly recommend the Town & Beach. Hopefully we can make another trip back to the Cape and the Town & Beach! Thank-you for making this the best part of our trip.

• Stayed: August 2014, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 7 August 2014

Great location right on Main Street. Close to "Island Queen". Very friendly and knowledgable owners. Cute and clean. Great price for the area and time of year. Very comfy new bed. Free parking. Would return another time.

Stayed: August 2014, travelled with friends
Reviewed 3 August 2014

I just stayed at the Town and Beach Motel this past week while in town for vacation and wedding celebrations. It was reasonably priced and close to everything I needed. Most of the time I was able to walk to where I was going, such as the beach (10+ mins) and into downtown (literally right down the street.) The owners were very friendly and personable. The room was charming and had just what I needed for my stay - most importantly a mini fridge. Room was clean, bed pretty comfortable and had cute Cape decor. Office has coffee and ice. Window AC unit. On a budget, this was just what I was looking for. Several of my friends who came to town for the wedding stayed here as well, one solo and one couple - meaning we all choose this motel over the specified wedding hotel. My friend liked the bottle opener in the bathroom.

There is free parking, though it is tight. Also walls are thin so I could hear my neighbors sometimes. My room was non smoking though there was a woman sitting outside smoking from the room next to me. If you need a totally black room at night to sleep, I recommend using a sleep/eye mask as there are just blinds, no curtains.

As a solo traveler, the bathroom was the perfect size, but I could see how it would be hard for a family or couple.

Room Tip: If you want to get a less morning sun location, ask for the rooms in the back to the right (I believ...
  • Stayed: July 2014, travelled solo
Reviewed 2 August 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Town & Beach Motel on July 31st. We found the room to be very nicely furnished, clean and bright. The bed was very comfortable!! The motel owner, Virgina, was delightful and very helpful with any questions we needed answers to. The motel is right in downtown Falmouth which makes it very convenient for walking to shops and restaurants. I highly recommend the Town & Beach Motel for your place to stay.

Clara Rowan

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2014

This motel has an excellent location...literally down the block from shops and restaurants. It is clean and well maintained. The mattress was firm and comfortable. The shower had great pressure. The best part of T&B, however, are the personable owners. We immediately felt as if they were truly glad to welcome us. They suggested an alternate ferry to Martha's Vineyard (within walking distance of the motel) and allowed us to leave our car in their parking lot so we would avoid a $15 parking fee at the ferry. It is obvious they take great pride in being hospitable to their guests. T&B is not a four-star accommodation, but our experience there was.

• Stayed: July 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank SKNJ
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Beach Breeze Inn
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
The Seaside Inn
The Seaside Inn
#15 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Town and Beach Motel? Share your experiences!