The Coonamessett Inn is one of those old charming inns that you didn't think existed any more! We stayed there for a wedding the second weekend in June 2012. The check-in at the "front desk" was highly personal and friendly - there really is a desk, set back a little from the main entry, not a long counter such as you'd find typically at a hotel.
The setting is pretty idyllic - with lots of lovely landscaping, the inn is situated above a small pond so there are views from a lot of the rooms and different spots on the pretty grounds...we were here in early June -and the weather couldn't have been more perfect - every plant and tree and flower seemed to be at its peak.
There is a charming lounge and dining room, that serve very good food - we had the clam chowder and the Reuben for lunch when we first arrived- both delish! (Feel free to check out my review of La Cucina for dinner that night.)
The food at the wedding reception the next day was among the best I've ever had at a wedding. There were lots of delicious hors d'ouerves; my meal choice was schrod - I was expecting the typical wedding fare of dried out tepid fish but I was served a lovely hot, moist truly delicious schrod - what a terrific unexpected pleasure!
The Inn serves a continental breakfast that we took advantage of on only the second day (feel free to check out my review of the Country Fare for breakfast) - super fresh pastries and fresh fresh fruit.
Oh the room - almost forgot! Very roomy bright rooms - we had room #1 - which was an end-unit so it was extra bright - there is a small seating area with a small fridge and sofa and cofee table with a door leading to the bedroom, so one can watch the tv without disturbing your roommate.
The bed was super comfy and the bathroom was fine/adequate.
My only suggestion would be for the innkeepers to add some hooks or rods in the bathroom for hanging wet towels - we had to use the hooks in the walk-in (!) closet.
I would go back to the Coonamessett in a heartbeat - it's a very special spot - romantic, a little old-fashioned in a good sort of way, and very close to downtown Falmouth, Woods Hole, and the Marhta's Vineyard ferries.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Coonamessett Inn is the perfect vacation spot and Cape Cod wedding venue. In the heart of the historic village of Falmouth, Massachusetts, we have everything you need to for a getaway to the cape and islands. Comprised of five separate buildings, we have plenty of room for guests looking for a New England vacation, Cape Cod destination wedding, or simply a quick getaway from Boston. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotels.com, Travel Republic (UK), Ebookers and Agoda so you can book your Coonamessett Inn reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Coonamessett Hotel Falmouth
- Coonamessett Inn Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod