“Wonderful Country Inn” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Kansas City, Missouri
“Wonderful Country Inn”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed at this upscale country inn for the second time. Room was spacious, bright and clean. Management and Staff were very accomodating. Dining room offers a good selection of well prepared items. The cold breakfast buffet was well supplied with high end pastries, fresh fruit and cereals. A personnal note about extra service. While the breakfast buffet is open from 8 AM to 10 AM, when they learned the we would have to depart at 7:30 to catch a plane in Boston, they made arrangements for the buffet to be available to us at 7:00. We will certainly return on our next visit to the Cape.
Rose and Dick A

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
Hampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was here attending a wedding first of this month. Grounds are beautiful, well kept! Wedding was outdoor, was lovely. Our room was GORGEOUS! Soo nice, the best of one of the most comfy beds I have EVER slept in. It was like a slept on a cloud, I'm not exaggerating lol. The food served at the wedding which was catered by the inn was excellent as well.

Service....well that was another story. I arrived and went to check in, the girl basically ignored me for like 5 minutes and kept answering the phone and putting her finger up as to say one minute. Not friendly at all. Then I gave her my information, she didn't even look at me I felt like she was still ignoring me, then she hollered over me to another girl to come and finish with me cause she had to go. Later, at the wedding, there were two bartenders, a man and a woman. The man was very rude. I went to the bar, ordered a drink for myself and one for my mother. Gave it to her and she said it wasn't right, I asked for a whiskey and 7up and he made her a whiskey sour. She took it back and he acted as if how dare you bring a drink back. He poured it out very abruptly she said and made another. When that drink was done she went for an other and was recognized her and ignored her for like 5 minutes before finally speaking to her. We spoke to a few other who also had issues with this same bartender. On a positive service note...When I checked out, the man at the desk was wonderful. Very kind. Continental breakfast didn't start until 8, we were there around 730 as we had a long drive home, I asked if the tea by chance was ready and he said no but I will go make you a cup to take.

Overall, the hotel was so beautiful and I hope to visit the Cape again very soon!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was married here and it could not have been better. Brad and Jim handled everything and I was stress free through the entire day. We had our entire wedding party stay here which made for a perfect setting. The food was great and the atmosphere was great for the wedding.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Niskayuna, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 August 2013

My wife and I were married here August 18, 2012. We had a small wedding, about 70 people. We had made plans to have an outdoor ceremony and of course it poured rain about 5 minutes before we were to start seating people. Brad and Jim (The 2 managers) set us up inside in no time like it was planned all along! We had a fantastic ceremony, and then everyone went down stairs for the reception. We had our own bartender down there and passed Hors D'oeuvre's were served... All I have to say is Bacon... wrapped... scallops! I had about a dozen and they were fantastic! Anyways everyone who was there is STILL talking about how amazing the food was. We had a choice of stuffed shrimp and a Filet, both were amazing and they came out all at once! People were commenting that both entree's tasted as good as something you would order at a top notch restaurant, but served all together. We just returned to the Inn this past weekend to Celebrate our first year anniversary. Jim and Brad still remembered us and treated us like royalty. This place is expensive but you pay for what you get. The beds are huge and super comfortable, the rooms are spacious, and the staff is amazing down to the bartenders and servers. We'll be back next year and for each anniversary to come.

BTW We visited about 20 locations all around Cape Cod from Truro to Dennisport to Orleans. This place blew us away and it wasn't the most expensive option either.

Room Tip: We have stayed in 2 suites and 2 rooms, they're all good.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 July 2013

Here for a conference which was excellent. Food was wonderful. Employees very nice and pleasant. Guest services helpful. Rooms are clean but very, and I mean very, tired and old. Window air conditioners. Would not stay here again.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
2 Thank fmulvey
United States
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 July 2013 via mobile

The rooms are good size with a sitting room. Everything was clean and orderly when we arrived. The
Bathroom needs to be upgraded. There was a faint smell in it. Overall there was nothing wrong and what I expect from a typical cape inn. I would probably keep this on my list to stay next time.

• Stayed July 2013
1 Thank jake2771
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

We recently stayed at the Inn for a wedding. The function room was beautiful, but the rest of the property was very tired. Some areas smelled musty, the building exteriors were run down, and the beds were uncomfortable. For the price of the rooms, we expected a higher quality accommodation.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank Mic S
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
#3 of 9 in Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
#2 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Coonamessett Inn? Share your experiences!