“very disappointed” 2 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #9 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Dallas
“very disappointed”
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 24 October 2013

The Inn is a pretty nice place that I would probably give 3 or 4 stars if we had wouldn't have needed heat! We checked in and found out the heat was not working in our room. It was a rainy and cold night (in the 40's). When we went into our room it was very cold so we turned the heat on. It didn't work, so I called the front desk and they told us it would take a while to come on. Someone came and tried to get it to work but it wouldn't. There was no other rooms available and it was late so we just decided to stick it out. I slept with my coat, sweats and gloves on! I wouldn't be writing this review if the manager had offered to either comp our room or give us a discount. The next morning my husband went to talk to them and they offered 20%. off. My husband argued a bit and said that was unacceptable and that he expected a little more than that. So after a while they gave us about 50% off. What I have a problem with is that the manager never approached us himself, even though everyone was aware that we were in a room without any heat. Any other reputable hotel would have comped it. The man that came to work on the furnace was very nice and really tried to help us.

Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (34)
British Columbia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 October 2013

TOTALLY charming COONAMESSETT INN is a jewel. The rooms we were in had huge space. The first night we had a room with a sitting room and a separate bed room. The windows opened for fresh air. Our car was parked a few feet away. The second night was as good, if not better. We changed rooms for a reno.
The second night we were re-located beside the entrance, steps away from the dining areas.
Both nights the beds were superb.

The staff is excellent and so helpful.
The meals in the 'pub style' restaurant were excellent. The waiters were first class.
I did not want to leave!

WE WILL DEFINITELY COME HERE AGAIN!!

Room Tip: Parking is very close to the rooms. Continental Breakfast is complimentary!
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled as a couple
Weymouth, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 October 2013

Comfortable, relaxing, great for group travel, restaurant has great food, winter specials for food and stay. Weddings are a blast here, always stay on property for pregame activities, easy walk back to room to refill you cup on cash bars or get some more homemade wine. No complaints after 4 visits.

Room Tip: We love the Village Rooms 1-10 are the best, closest to main building
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Oak Bluffs, Massachusetts
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 October 2013

This inn is very run down. First, you have to try to find your "villa". Then travel down multi-levels of stairs which are extremely worn concrete in very dim light. The unit is nice, clean but shows it age, You get to look out the bedroom window at old rusty air conditioners. The bathroom is small and is "sinking". I could not even use the mirror to remove my contact because it was tooooo high. The bed was very good. The stay includes a cold breakfast with fresh fruit, juice ad pastries.

Room Tip: Way tooooooooooo expensive for what you get. Go across the street to the Holiday Inn
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled solo
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
Kansas City, Missouri
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 September 2013

Stayed at this upscale country inn for the second time. Room was spacious, bright and clean. Management and Staff were very accomodating. Dining room offers a good selection of well prepared items. The cold breakfast buffet was well supplied with high end pastries, fresh fruit and cereals. A personnal note about extra service. While the breakfast buffet is open from 8 AM to 10 AM, when they learned the we would have to depart at 7:30 to catch a plane in Boston, they made arrangements for the buffet to be available to us at 7:00. We will certainly return on our next visit to the Cape.
Rose and Dick A

• Stayed September 2013, travelled as a couple
Hampton
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 September 2013

Was here attending a wedding first of this month. Grounds are beautiful, well kept! Wedding was outdoor, was lovely. Our room was GORGEOUS! Soo nice, the best of one of the most comfy beds I have EVER slept in. It was like a slept on a cloud, I'm not exaggerating lol. The food served at the wedding which was catered by the inn was excellent as well.

Service....well that was another story. I arrived and went to check in, the girl basically ignored me for like 5 minutes and kept answering the phone and putting her finger up as to say one minute. Not friendly at all. Then I gave her my information, she didn't even look at me I felt like she was still ignoring me, then she hollered over me to another girl to come and finish with me cause she had to go. Later, at the wedding, there were two bartenders, a man and a woman. The man was very rude. I went to the bar, ordered a drink for myself and one for my mother. Gave it to her and she said it wasn't right, I asked for a whiskey and 7up and he made her a whiskey sour. She took it back and he acted as if how dare you bring a drink back. He poured it out very abruptly she said and made another. When that drink was done she went for an other and was recognized her and ignored her for like 5 minutes before finally speaking to her. We spoke to a few other who also had issues with this same bartender. On a positive service note...When I checked out, the man at the desk was wonderful. Very kind. Continental breakfast didn't start until 8, we were there around 730 as we had a long drive home, I asked if the tea by chance was ready and he said no but I will go make you a cup to take.

Overall, the hotel was so beautiful and I hope to visit the Cape again very soon!!!!!

• Stayed September 2013, travelled with family
Boston, Massachusetts
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 August 2013

I was married here and it could not have been better. Brad and Jim handled everything and I was stress free through the entire day. We had our entire wedding party stay here which made for a perfect setting. The food was great and the atmosphere was great for the wedding.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Inn on the Square
#3 of 9 in Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
Red Horse Inn - Falmouth
#2 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Coonamessett Inn? Share your experiences!