Went to a wedding on Cape Cod, MA this past weekend 9/30/07. We checked in on Sat. 9/29 and out on Mon. 10/1. This hotel looked ok on line and was the third recommendation from the wedding party's suggested hotel list. What a disappointment. We had so much mold in the bathroom (a huge trigger for my asthma!) that my husband had to go to a late night store and buy clorox and treat this shower before we would dare use it. (No tub in the room) The ceiling tiles were all stained in the bathroom and were warped and open to the ceiling above them. The sink porcelain was cracked and the stopper could close all the way to hold any water in it. There was a 4-6 inch space between the sink base and the shower base and there was so much dirt and debris in it - it was appalling. The toilet paper holder fell out of the wall as it was screwed in incorrectly. In the main room there were stained carpets, on a "kitchen type" cabinet area there was a coffee maker but the outlet did not work - not after hitting the reset not after trying other appliances, etc. We also tried to reset the bathroom plug in case they were on the same line but that worked ok. There was a bag of coffee but no sugar, cream or utensils anywhere. The paper towel holder had about 3-4 towels on it and it also fell out of the wall when you pulled on a towel. There were plastic cups only (bedroom and bathroom). Chairs at a table in bedroom were so wobbly that we were truly afraid to sit on them. My husband almost fell off one the first time he sat in it because it moved all over the place almost tipping over. We were in a "no smoking" room but there were burn holes throughout the comforters on each queen bed. The mattresses were so uncomfortable - we pulled up the sheets to see if they were old and they were definitely on the older side and dingy looking - not bright and fresh. The refrigerator had to be unplugged as it made an awful loud humming noise. The ironing board and iron was strange - the iron was attached to the board (theft prevention) and it made it difficult to iron a long dress that had some travel wrinkles. The room had an overall musty smell and we bought some room freshener so we could tolerate the two nights there. We had so many people to see and many activities that we did not have time to change our hotel and we had a penalty clause anyway that would not refund our money if cancelling more than 7 days in advance. (Typical on Cape Cod, especially over a weekend.) We cannot recommend this hotel even though the desk attendant was earnestly listening when we checked out and had a list of our problem in our room. He was gracious in giving us one night refund and we appreciated it but when I checked in to Trip Advisor today I see that this has been a problem with this property for a long time. I would say stay away until they change for the better or sell the property to someone who doesn't want to do little and charge a lot.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Admiralty Inn and Suites in Falmouth, MA is a great Cape Cod hotel destination conveniently located only minutes from Falmouth's busy downtown and beautiful beaches. Located in a perfect area for your Cape Cod getaway, we welcome all types of Tour Groups, Reunions, Weddings and more. Close to the fastest ferry services to Martha's Vineyard, The Admiralty Hotel in Falmouth, MA is also just minutes from the town's unique shops, art galleries, and restaurants as well as the Falmouth Shining Sea Bike Path. Our hotel is a great choice as a home base while exploring all that Cape Cod has to offer. This property features an outdoor and indoor pool. Guests will also be able to enjoy a deluxe complimentary breakfast. In addition, to first-rate amenities, guest will also have easy access to many local dining options, shopping, entertainment, and beaches. The Admiralty Inn offers a wide range of amenities along with ideal location designed to meet business and leisure travelers alike. The Otis Air National Guard Base is located 8.7 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Ctrip TA, Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Priceline, Travel Republic (UK), TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Admiralty Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiralty Hotel Falmouth
- Admiralty Hotel Falmouth
- Admiralty Inn And Suites Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod