“Okay but needs some work”

Admiralty Inn and Suites
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 18 July 2008

The hotel was reasonably clean and conveniently located with a pretty fair amount of space however it had a few very noticeable problems. My family and I booked a "townhouse" for 3 nights so that we could tour Cape Cod, and though the room looked like the photos online, we were surprised to find that it was a loft that was located up a flight of stairs with no elevator. Though it was not that difficult to bring all our luggage up to the second floor and then up the spiral staircase, it was certainly not what we were expecting. Once we inspected the room, we realized that the closet doors were broken, two lights were out and the advertised wireless internet was not working. Despite complaining to the front desk several times none of these problems was fixed during our 4 day stay. Finally, we were given the choice to move rooms (after lugging all our luggage around) or to change the light bulb ourselves. My father offered to change the light bulb himself and was given a key to an empty neighboring room so that he could borrow their working light bulb.
The only staff members that were remotely helpful were the couple who worked together at night (we didn't catch their names). They were very helpful when the tape player provided by the hotel ate our VHS from Blockbuster. Instead of giving the standard "we'll call someone" answer, they immediately took apart the tape player and removed the tape. All the other staff members we encountered during our stay declined to be remotely helpful and honestly did not seem to care.

• Stayed: July 2008, travelled with family

Reviewed 17 June 2008

Just back from a weekend at the Admiralty Inn in Falmouth. The first thing I noticed was a musty smell about the room but the room was clean. In fact the carpet was new and tile in bathroom was new as well. We were there for an AAU basketball tournament with the entire team. The kids enjoyed the pools both inside and out. The staff was very helpful. Would I stay there for a week's vacation? Probably not. If you need a place to stay on the Cape it's not so bad. Keep in mind that the hotel is on Rt. 28 so getting out into traffic is always an adventure.

• Stayed: June 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank whalerfan
Reviewed 24 February 2008

We have gone to the admiralty inn three times now. We liked the off season prices and the size of the rooms. So after each time we stayed there we would hope that the next time the little "problems" would get fixed.

Let's start with what I liked about it:

1. location - great cape cod location!!

2. Size of the room - we have stayed in the larger rooms with a loft with a bedroom w/ jacuzzi tub.

3. Price - the off season prices are awesome for the area and size of the rooms.

Next we will go with the things we did not like:

1. Cleanliness - the rooms are not cleaned properly. We had mildew, dirt, grime throughout the room. The walls had stains and the comforter had so many stains we were afraid to use it.

2. Pool - the pool had so many chemicals in it my eyes burned for two days.

3. Breakfast - the free breakfast was horrible. Cereal, old bagels, and bread.

4. Walls - the walls between the rooms are so thin that we could hear the people talking in the next room.

5. Leaks - the jacuzzi tub in the loft leaks and then you have water pouring out from the light fixtures on the lower level.

6. Bathrooms - they were so dirty we wanted to clean them ourselves before we used them

In closing I do not want to sound like a miserable person and I do try to overlook a lot of things, but there are just some things that I cannot ignore.

• Stayed: February 2008, travelled with family
1  Thank cplspafford
Reviewed 2 January 2008

I am writing this review because I see some bad reviews. First of all my husband and I go here every year for our anniversary (prior to getting married) . We love to go to ocean in the winter because it is so beautiful. So far we have gone three times and I am going to book a fourth this week. The rooms are big (king jacuzzi suite) and from what we noticed clean. Of course If things have changed I will do an update review but at least the past three years. The ocean is a ride away but it's no big deal only a couple blocks. During the winter there is no traffic. We have never used their pool because we get a jacuzzi suite. The management has been helpful in giving us directions etc. For the price, you really can't complain.

• Stayed: January 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 December 2007

We were their for Thanksgiving, and our grandparents go evryone in the family rooms. The town houses were nice. A jucuzzi in the upstairs and a shower in the down stairs. To get to the upstairs part of the room, their were 70s style metal winding staircase. request not to have his kind of room if you have small kids. The pool was nice, hot tub was relaxing and the continental breakfast was pretty good. it may ned to have more changes to its chioices. The hotel just needed to be renovated, but when think about how they should redo it, you draw a blank. But if you want a nice family new england vacation, stay here!

• Stayed: November 2007, travelled on business
Reviewed 9 October 2007

We were at a wedding in Falmouth over weekend. We decided to stay an extra night and found the Admiral. It was horrible, checked in Sunday night and our toilet in bathroom was running, and I called to get couple extra pillows they told me that I could have 1 and I had to go get it myself. I told them about toilet and that I was going to dinner. I got back around 9pm and still the toilet was running. They moved me to another room, which I had to go to front desk and get the key myself. It was horrible, I wish I could somehow get my money back!! Do not stay there if need more info. call my cell [-]

Matt

• Stayed: October 2007, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 1 October 2007

Went to a wedding on Cape Cod, MA this past weekend 9/30/07. We checked in on Sat. 9/29 and out on Mon. 10/1. This hotel looked ok on line and was the third recommendation from the wedding party's suggested hotel list. What a disappointment. We had so much mold in the bathroom (a huge trigger for my asthma!) that my husband had to go to a late night store and buy clorox and treat this shower before we would dare use it. (No tub in the room) The ceiling tiles were all stained in the bathroom and were warped and open to the ceiling above them. The sink porcelain was cracked and the stopper could close all the way to hold any water in it. There was a 4-6 inch space between the sink base and the shower base and there was so much dirt and debris in it - it was appalling. The toilet paper holder fell out of the wall as it was screwed in incorrectly. In the main room there were stained carpets, on a "kitchen type" cabinet area there was a coffee maker but the outlet did not work - not after hitting the reset not after trying other appliances, etc. We also tried to reset the bathroom plug in case they were on the same line but that worked ok. There was a bag of coffee but no sugar, cream or utensils anywhere. The paper towel holder had about 3-4 towels on it and it also fell out of the wall when you pulled on a towel. There were plastic cups only (bedroom and bathroom). Chairs at a table in bedroom were so wobbly that we were truly afraid to sit on them. My husband almost fell off one the first time he sat in it because it moved all over the place almost tipping over. We were in a "no smoking" room but there were burn holes throughout the comforters on each queen bed. The mattresses were so uncomfortable - we pulled up the sheets to see if they were old and they were definitely on the older side and dingy looking - not bright and fresh. The refrigerator had to be unplugged as it made an awful loud humming noise. The ironing board and iron was strange - the iron was attached to the board (theft prevention) and it made it difficult to iron a long dress that had some travel wrinkles. The room had an overall musty smell and we bought some room freshener so we could tolerate the two nights there. We had so many people to see and many activities that we did not have time to change our hotel and we had a penalty clause anyway that would not refund our money if cancelling more than 7 days in advance. (Typical on Cape Cod, especially over a weekend.) We cannot recommend this hotel even though the desk attendant was earnestly listening when we checked out and had a list of our problem in our room. He was gracious in giving us one night refund and we appreciated it but when I checked in to Trip Advisor today I see that this has been a problem with this property for a long time. I would say stay away until they change for the better or sell the property to someone who doesn't want to do little and charge a lot.

• Stayed: September 2007, travelled on business