My Wife and I decided at the last minute during the weekend after Labor Day to go down to Cape Cod and see if we could find someplace to stay. We were able to get a room at The Admiralty Inn for Saturday night. We were offered a king smoking room with a jacuzzi tub (see pic) or a non-smoking townhouse with a smaller jacuzzi. We were interested in the larger jacuzzi, so we accepted the smoking room. After I mentioned that my Wife and I weren't smokers, but willing to take the smoking room anyway, the desk clerk told me that she would have house-keeping pay extra attention to deoderizing the room that morning so that we would be comfortable. When we arrived, we went to our room and although you could smell the smoking rooms in the hallway, our room was deoderized quite well and we could barely tell that anyone had ever smoked in the room. The TV picture was blurry to the point that you couldn't read credits for a show. The only ice machine in the building is by the front desk, so that was a bit of a walk from our room. The room was neglected in the way of repairs to worn out items. There were several places where the carpet was torn up (see pic) and there were burn spots on the bathroom floor in the floor covering and several burn spots on the carpet in the room. Also the bathroom wasn't as clean as we would like (old soap chips up on the ledge in the shower) but we didn't complain about it, so we can't really complain about the response. The Jacuzzi was very nice and worked as it should. Excellent water pressure throughout the room. We did not partake in the breakfast buffet. The bed was a bit firm for our tastes, but it was in good shape. The room we were in had a hallway entrance and a second entrance that led out to the pool. We didn't go in the pool, but from what we could see it was in great shape and had lots of people in and around it. There is also and indoor pool that had lots of people in it too and it also appeared to be in good shape. The free internet requires a password that you have to call the front desk to obtain. The doors have very quiet hydraulic closers on them that keep them from slamming which is great because slamming doors all night isn't good. All in all, we occupied the room for less than 20 hours and we feel like for 160 dollars, the room could have been in better repair, but we would stay there again if necessary. It's very "motel-ish" but not too bad if that's what you go in there expecting. I'm sure that the staff would have done what they could about the shower and the TV if we would have complained, but we prefer to adapt rather than complain so that's why there is nothing about the staff response in this review.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Admiralty Inn and Suites in Falmouth, MA is a great Cape Cod hotel destination conveniently located only minutes from Falmouth's busy downtown and beautiful beaches. Located in a perfect area for your Cape Cod getaway, we welcome all types of Tour Groups, Reunions, Weddings and more. Close to the fastest ferry services to Martha's Vineyard, The Admiralty Hotel in Falmouth, MA is also just minutes from the town's unique shops, art galleries, and restaurants as well as the Falmouth Shining Sea Bike Path. Our hotel is a great choice as a home base while exploring all that Cape Cod has to offer. This property features an outdoor and indoor pool. Guests will also be able to enjoy a deluxe complimentary breakfast. In addition, to first-rate amenities, guest will also have easy access to many local dining options, shopping, entertainment, and beaches. The Admiralty Inn offers a wide range of amenities along with ideal location designed to meet business and leisure travelers alike. The Otis Air National Guard Base is located 8.7 miles away. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Travel Republic (UK), Expedia, Hotels.com, Ctrip TA, Booking.com, Priceline, TripOnline SA, getaroom.com and Cancelon so you can book your Admiralty Inn and Suites reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- The Admiralty Hotel Falmouth
- Admiralty Hotel Falmouth
- Admiralty Inn And Suites Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod