All reviewscharcoal grillprivate patiosecond bedroomtennis courtsnice poola great staytownhousecapehammockstilenantucketferries
Reviewed 8 September 2012

Ok firstly the negatives. Bathroom dirtier than a public restroom when we arrived. Strange hairs on floors, walls and basin. Mould in and around shower, bath stained and damaged. Bedroom 2 had no mirror and no tv (cost < $150 to buy guys). Yard area really was a "yard" appears like a prison excessive yard no color, no decor and poorly fitted gate. Whole apartment seemed uncared for and lacked any nice touches or attention to detail. I can understand how the lady on reception can be seen as surly but she appealed to our British sense of humour however the younger lady on our departure was very curt and rude.. Our neighbours vacated their property on the weds morning, when we left Saturday morning their bags of rubbish were STILL on the grass verge, thank goodness not been "crittered". Annoying that you can on,y use the laundry facility after 9 and before 6 as this would have meant giving up one reasonable weather, we prefer to launder at night! Also we found it annoying that the wifi is also only available in the registration area during these hours or you have to sit by the pool, ok if the weathers fine. Unusual system with changing your linen, but this appears to work. All in all it appears the we have to adapt to he convenience of the management team there, not visa versa. Having been in the hospitality industry in Europe for the pas 25 years I appreciate that not everyone can be satisfied at once but the reviews relating to this resort tell their own tale. Needs an injection of both cash and personality, management could do with retraining and cleaning/maintenance team changed. Great location, beds fantastic (unit 55), quiet and tranquil.

Stayed: September 2012, travelled as a couple
5  Thank bazzag61
Reviewed 6 September 2012

Stayed here in unit 76 from 8/31 to 9/4/12. The rugs were filthy & spotted. The beds in the spare room were in need of new mattresses & the pillows were terribly thin. The whole unit was in need of updating & some interior decorating. When the issue of the rung was shown to management, the excuse was that it was the end of the season. Don't know what the excuse was for other cleaning problems in the unit. There were not enough hooks or places to put things in the bathroom & nowhere to hang much (one hook behind the door). No TV in the spare room, but the TV in the master didn't work properly & oh yes there was no mirror in the spare room. Read the reviews, but decided to make the best of it. Big mistake. Would NEVER go there again.

Room Tip: Do not know of any tips.
  • Stayed: September 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank Southworth0312
Reviewed 21 August 2012

Where to start? Rugs badly stained throughout. Back deck area just rocks, weeds, small wooden benches, unusable grill, flies and bugs. Couldn't leave door open to deck; no screens, no windows in living room. Rooms barren and depressing with minimal cheap furniture, nothing on off white walls. No hooks behind doors or anything to put luggage on. No hangers in closets. Nothing in large bathroom to put toiletry items on. Rusted glass shower door and cheap plastic bath enclosure. Mattress on sofa bed unusable; 1 inch thick with wires and bars, and no bedding provided. No coffee filters for machine. Two clunky 19" t.v. sets, none in 2nd bedroom. Front of unit mulch, weeds and overgrown shrubs, no place to sit. Can not go out at night; no lights on grounds and pitch black. No internet. Office doesn't answer, doesn't call back and doesn't give a crap. A hell hole.

Room Tip: Don't do it.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
4  Thank samantha s
Reviewed 29 July 2012

We have been going to Briarwood for over 10 years. Great place for kids of all ages. The condo set up allows for everyone to have plenty of space. Although, the majority of the time is spent out and about. The clubhouse/pool/ outdoor activities keep them busy. It is situated so kids can ride their bikes safely. Everyone is friendly and you are 5 minutes from the Main Street shops/Beaches. Great resturants. Woods Hole is 10-15 minutes away which is another great place to take the kids. Overall highly recommended.

• Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
4  Thank Pages2000
Reviewed 27 July 2012

We stayed in unit 33 the week of July 23rd. This was a family vacation with kids and grandparents. When we checked in we were greeted with extreme attitude at the front desk. I believe her name was Mary, and she made us wait 20 minutes as she finished her cigarette. I brushed it off, thinking maybe she was just a crabby old lady. However, the next day when I asked her how far Silver Beach was from the "resort", she said "normally 20 minutes, for you more like 45 minutes". Again, I was on vacation with my family - I didn't see the point in engaging in a war of words with a person who obviously has deep rooted psychological issues. We were suppose to have a 2 bedroom 2 bath room condo, however the unit only had 1 bathroom. Further to that the bathroom was falling apart - literally. The shower door fell off while my wife was using the shower. I called the front desk, got an answering machine left a message for a repair - no answer. The sheets and linens were dirty, it seemed like rather than replacing the sheets and linens the cleaning staff merely dusted them off and used the same ones from the previous stay. I called the front desk - got voicemail, left a message - no return call. We had read that the units were suppose to have hardwood floors and up to date furniture. To put it simply, we felt as if we were living in the ghetto. I would not recommend this place even to my worst enemy. The first thing Briarwood needs to do is fire the old lady at the front desk - rude is an understatement. I have a few choice words for her if I ever see her again! The location was the one saving grace for this place is it is near everything. Outside of that you are better off staying home than wasting your money at this dump!

Room Tip: My helpful tip is to stay away and be prepared to spend as little time as humanly possible in the room.
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family