“Soooo Good!”

Quahog Republic Dive Bar
Ranked #22 of 169 Restaurants in Falmouth
Price range: US$6 - US$20
Dining options: After-hours
Description: The Quahog Republic Dive Bar offers "wicked good eats" and serves a full menu till 12:30am nightly. Try the famous Aussie or Island Burger, Stuffed Quahog, Quahog Chowder and the very popular crunchy cod Fish and Chips. Sample a frozen drink, fresh squeezed cocktail or one of the 10 beers on tap. Our Bloody Mary, garnished with bacon, has become an instant classic! Events and entertainment are always happeing at the Dive Bar. Friendly feel good atmoshphere to live up to our slogan of Live-Give-Relax.Offering great food and good company in a cozy setting.
Reviewed 2 August 2014 via mobile

My family and I had plans to go to Martha's Vineyard but it rained all day and we decided to stop and eat in Falmouth MA. We found this place and the food was on point. The stuffed Quahog was so tasty and the Lobster roll so fresh, everyone was happy. The rainy day turned out great cause of the great food!!!

2  Thank Isrosalie

Reviewed 28 July 2014

Musty smelling tavern inside a nondescript strip mall. Ordinary food is nothing special. Other establishments in reasonable proximity have much more to offer.

1  Thank Neponset
Reviewed 23 July 2014

We had no issue finding the restaurant from our hotel in Falmouth. After reading all of the reviews I wanted to try the Bloody Mary, Chowder and Lobster Roll. When we arrived around 6pm on Monday night we were seated immediately. Our server took out order promptly. The Bloody Mary and Beer arrived along with the Quahog Chowder. The Bloody Mary was excellent. All of the flavors of tomatoes, chilies, vodka and garlic worked well together with just the right of heat. The Chowder was thick with an average amount of clams, bacon and potatoes. Unfortunately I had a spoon full of flour that must have been used to thicken the chowder. I thought it was a potato until I ate it. Not a big deal overall but they should whisk the broth and flour together better. The Lobster Roll delivered as promised. On the single roll we must have had a pound of lobster meat. It was lightly dressed on a grilled roll. It was excellent. Our server was very attentive and we would highly recommend this restaurant.

1  Thank sket101
Reviewed 20 July 2014

We were planning a day trip to Falmouth and I randomly picked this restaurant as a possible choice for lunch. I'm so glad we went here -- What a wonderful place!! Seemed to be off the beaten path, and not in a location where you would stumble across it, but I guess that's what TripAdvisor is for. We arrived at lunch and it was busy, but we didn't have to wait to be seated. I had the stuffed Quahog and corn on the cob, hubby had the (monster) Lobster Roll and kids had grilled cheese with fries. Everything was so delicious, and very affordable. Restaurant wasn't all just tourists either -- some folks looked to be locals, which means you've picked the right place to eat! Our server was so helpful, answering questions and chatting with us too. Overall, a great place. We ended up in Falmouth a couple days later and had to really fight the urge to go back again!!!

1  Thank EZtravlr
Reviewed 15 July 2014

This is located in a strip mall and is a true bar, but don't let that deter you in visiting. The service was fast and there was a small crowd with people constantly coming and going. While we were waiting for our order we saw a to go order- large lobster roll, it filled the to container! I had the clam chowder- was a little surprised by the color but then remembered that it had some sherry in it. The flavor was great and at $6 for a bowl a real bargain. Hubbie had the fish and chips- excellent fish with an almond and cornflakes which gave it a great texture. A nice tartar sauce was served on the side. The only negatives- the coleslaw was lacking flavor and the fries nothing to write home about. This is on our list of places to go back to. Next time- the lobster roll!

1  Thank kaboynt