“Lovely owner, comfy and great location”
Review of Sea Shell Inn

Sea Shell Inn
We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Sea Shell Inn
Devon
“Lovely owner, comfy and great location”
Reviewed 20 June 2011

I struggled to find a room in Falmouth during my trip to Cape Cod, but found this Inn on a local website.
When I phoned (quite late in the day), the owner was at a family party, but offered to leave early and settle me in. I thought this really generous of him, so I told him to stay longer and I ate at a fab Mexican in the centre of town, then drove to the beach area to meet him at 8pm.
When I arrived, he was waiting to let me in and it was really an apartment he had given me, rather than a room. It had a double bedroom, shower room and a separate kitchen/diner with a daybed, which would have been perfect for a teenager. In fact, I slept in it to save them cleaning the double room (you can tell I was once a chamermaid!), and it was fine.
The owner was lovely and had even provided me with tea/coffee and some breakfast bits and pieces.
The decor was all seaside and shells, which is just perfect for me, and it was just really well -equipped and situated for a nice, family holiday.
In the morning, I walked on the beach - one mass of shells - and looked around properly. The house is medium sized and seems to have a few more apartments available. There was some outside space and even a private beach at the side (I think this belonged to the inn, but best check), plus plenty of parking on site and nearby.
All in all, a lovely stay, and I would have liked to stay another night.
Falmouth is a vibrant, pretty town and the perfect base from which to visit Martha's Vineyard.
I liked it the best of all the Cape towns and would recommend the Sea Shell Inn for a medium priced, slightly quirky, but homely, stay

• Stayed May 2011, travelled solo