“Favorite Place to Stay on the Cape”

and 1 more site!
CapeWind Waterfront Resort
Ranked #17 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 31 December 2010

Let me start by saying that this excellent review is three years overdue. My husband and I first dicovered the Cape Wind when we were planning our wedding in 2007. It's in an excellent location - on the water, close to the beach, near the Vineyard ferry and close to dowtown & Cape league baseball. The Cape Wind was an easy choice as a hotel for guests and we received many glowing reviews from the friends that stayed there.
But there's a particular person that takes this hotel from being a great hotel to an unforgettable one. You'll see that many of the other reviewers have mentioned Rachel and that's because she goes above and beyond to ensure an exceptional experience. Three years later, we still stay at the Cape Wind and every time have been so impressed by Rachel's friendliness and willingness to help in any situation -- from helping my brother-in-law plan a night out for my husband after their boat trip was canceled to helping my mother-in-law (now a Cape resident) to search for jobs to help her achieve her dream of moving to the Cape.
Stay at the Cape Wind and you will not be disappointed. It's our hotel of choice on the Cape.

• Stayed: August 2010, travelled as a couple
2  Thank nford333
There are newer reviews for CapeWind Waterfront Resort

Reviewed 15 December 2010

Upon arrival we were met by friendly staff who provided us with many different options and opportunities for dinner and day trips. The advise we received was top notch- every place we visited was scenic and beautiful and all of the restaurants and shops were spot on. The resort was relaxing and comfortable with updated amenities. The grounds were very well maintained and the rooms were perfect for a weekend getaway- complete with kitchens with cooking essentials. Would strongly recommend for couples looking for a few days away from it all for families looking for a place they can relax after a day of fun and excitement on the Cape.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
4  Thank mattk1792
Reviewed 2 December 2010

I went to the Cape Wind this past summer with some of my friends for July 4th. We had a great time. The people that worked there were very friendly and helpful. The pool and the rooms were great and I will refer all my friends to this hotel in the future.

Alissa Burwick

• Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Alissa6978
Reviewed 8 November 2010

I stayed at the Capewind with a few of my girlfriends for a girls weekend away in July. What a surprise and delight! The grounds are just beautiful with a sloping lawn down to the water. You can even rent paddle boats or just sit and enjoy the view. There is also a lovely pool. Our room was well appointed and spacious with a back door that opened to the lawn with adirondack chairs for relaxing. It was very clean with super-comfortable beds. The Capewind is close to the beach, not much more than a mile, and to downtown Falmouth as well as a shopping center. Also, the staff and manager were very helpful and friendly! We did not want for a thing during our stay at the Capewind and will be back as soon as possible. Five Stars!!

Stayed: July 2010, travelled with friends
2  Thank Charlie2772
Reviewed 1 November 2010

My siblings and I reserved three rooms at the CapeWind Resort the night before the Cape Cod Marathon. We chose this place based on its #1 ranking on tripadvisor.com. I really wanted to like this place, as it has a great location in Falmouth, beautifully manicured grounds, and nice, albeit quaint, rooms.

Unfortunately, I headed to my room to go to sleep after midnight, pulled back the sheets, and there was a large bug running between the covers. I'm not an entomologist, but I'm pretty sure it was a silver fish. I'll admit that I'm a bit of a germaphobe, so having large bugs running in a strange bed does not help me sleep well. I had to run in a relay marathon the next morning, so I decided not to bother waking the front desk and I slept in my truck.

After the race the next morning, I went to the front office to return my key and told them about finding a silver fish in the bed. The woman at the front desk said something to the effect of, "Oh, I'm sorry, that happens occasionally. I wish you had woken us up, we could have found you a different room." Hmmm. This is where I struggle with this review, because she was incredibly nice and didn't challenge my report on finding a bug in my bed. While she said their policy was to not offer any refunds, she did offer me a gift certificate for a return visit. On the other hand, I travel frequently for business and pleasure, and have spent well over a year of my life in everything from 1-star to 4-star rooms from Central America to Japan, and this was the first time I've ever found a bug in my bed.

I should mention that my siblings had no problems with their rooms, so maybe this does just happen occasionally. That said, I think I'll try my luck at a different hotel next time, even if I have a gift certificate to this one.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled with family
6  Thank nrichard2000
CapeWind1, General Manager at CapeWind Waterfront Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2010

We always appreciate the feedback we get from our customers and take all of our reviews seriously. We respect our customers' opinions and appreciate honest and accurate feedback so that we may continuously strive to improve the quality of the Cape Wind experience for our future guests.

Unfortunately, this customer misquoted me. During check-out, when I was informed that there had been a problem with the guest’s room, I did not say, "this happens occasionally." I apologized and asked the customer why he did not contact our front desk. In fact, I reminded him that we have 24-hour, on-site, on-call personnel available everyday.

It is both our pleasure and responsibility at Cape Wind to provide our guests the best possible experience. Our customers should expect nothing less. However, if our customers have a concern, our expectation is that our guests communicate and allow us the opportunity to rectify the situation. In this case, the guest afforded no such opportunity.

Why a paying guest would choose to sleep in his car rather than notify our staff that there is a problem is just plain odd. Instead, the customer waited until the next day to inform me that he had a concern. In addition, he misquoted me and wrote a negative review of our property after learning that he would not receive a refund.

The Cape Wind is a beautiful, waterfront property situated on almost six acres of landscaped grounds. We are routinely complimented on our courteous customer service and on the cleanliness of our rooms. This guest's experience in no way represents the general cleanliness of our rooms and property. His reaction to the situation was unreasonable, and his review an inaccurate characterization of our property.

Reviewed 14 October 2010

This is a great hotel to stay. We had some of our workers stay here while we were working in the area and they enjoyed their stay very much. I would recommend this hote to anyone who needs a hotel at the cape.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled on business
2  Thank BambiLima
Reviewed 6 October 2010

It has been just over 2 years now since our wedding group stayed at the Cape Wind for the weekend, and I've been meaning to write a review, but it always seemed to slip my mind. We were able to book every room in the complex (except one that was a seasonal residence), which really set the stage for what became a truly wonderful weekend for everyone involved. The day before the wedding we were able to take advantage of the great open space the Capewind has to offer by setting up an impromptu wiffle-ball game. The horseshoe shaped layout of the complex with the green space in the middle really lends itself to a large group. Our guests all loved being able to sit out on the picnic tables and chaise lounges and interact with family and old friends, and mingle and meet new friends. After our daytime reception the next day, we all headed back to the Capewind to enjoy the open air and open space and enjoy the rest of the daylight and early evening hours. Rachel, the manager, was extremely gracious, accommodating and patient. We couldn't have asked anything more from her. The Capewind is a truly unique hotel for the area. No other hotel/ motel that we found (and we checked out MANY) could offer nearly the amount of public space and privacy. And the Capewind is not just for large groups. Whenever my parents come up from NY to visit my in-laws (for other weddings, Road Race weekend, etc.) they ALWAYS choose the CapeWind. My Mom loves to swim in the pool or sit out on her chaise on the lawn and read her books. My one and only complaint has to do with their refund policy. My parents were planning a trip up this October for a wedding and unfortunately had to cancel due to a medical issue with my father. They will receive a voucher for the amount of their deposit, but it must be used by the end of the calendar year (with less than 3 months remaining). They will try to find someone who can use it, but chances are that it will go to waste. We just wish that the policy could have been a bit more flexible considering their regular patronage and my father's medical conidtion. But overall, we consider ourselves lucky to have found this place, and our family will undoubtedly be frequenting it for years to come.

• Stayed: September 2010