Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging
  • Pool
The Seaside Inn(Falmouth)
Mariner Motel(Falmouth)
Great 4.5/5
All reviewspaddle boatsa water view roomcape codeast falmouthrooms overlookkiddie poolsalt watercoffee makernice groundsmartha's vineyardtables and chairstwo queen bedsfridge and microwavehousekeeping stafffire pitwoods holeshort drive
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 4 September 2011

Starting with the positives, the owner greeted us nicely upon our stay, the room was clean and the room was clean. He made suggestions where to eat and buy groceries. This is a small, locally owned hotel located just outside of Falmouth. We stayed in a room with a small kitchenette by the river. There is an outdoor pool and small paddle boats to explore the river. However, what bothered me the most was the mildew and moldy smell in the rooms and the hospitality area (albeit maybe this comes from being by the river). To compensate the hotel sprayed a very strong air spray which caused headaches. Fair to stay, I mentioned this to the staff, and they stopped spraying it however, the air conditioner emitted a musty smell as well. I was told by other guests that they liked the cottages at the top much better. The room and furniture was dark, dated and uncoordinated. The refrigerator was located about 3 feet from our heads as it was right next to the bed, which caused us unrestful sleep. The mattress was uncomfortable and lumpy. Every time my husband turned, I almost fell out of bed. The beds were uncomfortable and small; the sheets were old and had little fabric balls on them (most likely washing them repeatedly with towels). The sofabed had a huge dip in it which my son just fell into. The kitchenette was adequately stocked albeit much of the silverware seemed to have disappeared; we had to share! The outdoor furniture and grill were old and dirty. The pool was ok. The beach was littered with duck droppings and is not suitable for playing in or by. I have a dog so I really appreciate having a hotel that allows pets, however, we found that the pet owners did not adequately clean up after their pets, which is a shame. Our internet did not work properly; we were told it was because the router by the river rooms had some intermittent problems. The hotel had that old time local feel, which is appreciated BUT.... All in all, I would not stay here again. Given the reviews (and the price--yes it is summer on the cape), I was extremely disappointed and expected a nicer room/bed and updated property.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
5  Thank Emeline2001
Reviewed 30 August 2011

We stayed at the Green Harbor with out two daughters aged 16 and 12 for four nights in August. Milt is as lovely, funny and helpful as other reviews have said. He recommended some good places to eat - Diannes for breakfast , The Boathouse and Smittys icecream. Do go to Stone L'Oven in Falmouth - fabulous pizzas and salads and very reasonable prices. Green Harbor is well maintained and clean. Our girls only used the pool once for a couple of hours as we were busy exploring the area, but they enjoyed it and everything was clean and safe. We all used the peddaloes which are free and good fun. Milt organised a beach bonfire for one evening with a singer/guitarist and marshmallows for toasting. Surprisingly only a handful of guests attended and it was very low key, but we enjoyed it and thought it was a nice touch. We stayed in one of the beach side rooms and it was a good size and, most importantly, clean. There is a lovely view of the estuary and it is a very tranquil setting (obviously this will depend on who your neighbours are!) The Green Harbor provides reasonably priced, clean accommodation in a good location and has great, helpful owners. I think the rooms are quite well sound-proofed as we never heard the dogs which were staying in next door rooms. Do take the boat to Martha's Vineyard - it's lovely - and hire bikes once you're there.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 15 August 2011

This is a great location for visiting Cape Cod. It is primarily a families resort however as a couple we were not overwhelmed by other people's children as we used Green Harbour as a base. If you want to sit by the pool and relax then it's worth knowing that there will be children around, however we had 2 days by the pool and it was fine. This resort is pet friendly too so expect dogs.
The rooms are spacious and we had a microwave and a fridge and coffee maker which was fine for us, some rooms have kitchenettes. The resort is totally self catering however there are shops within 5 minutes drive.
The friendliness of the staff and owners was excellent as was their knowledge about where to visit, eat, drink and just about anything you needed.
This is not a fancy place however is clean and friendly and we would recommend.

• Stayed: August 2011, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TraceyPeters
Reviewed 14 August 2011

This was a lovely little cottage that we rented for me and my husband. The staff was very very helpful (when we arrived late at night, they had posted information on the door about how to get into the room and when I left my cell phone there, they had it ready for me when I came back). The cottage was cute, clean, comfortable, and it had a tv. The cottage also overlooked the lake. Really lovely overall.

Pros: Location, your own cottage.
Cons: None, really.

Room Tip: The cottages are so cute!
  • Stayed: May 2011, travelled with friends
Reviewed 2 August 2011

My husband and I took 2 of our grandchildren with us. For my husband it was a working vacation as he had school conferences to attend. For myself and the kids, it was total vacation. We had a blast. So family friendly. We're booking for next summer and are bringing more family with us.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family