“Dog Friendly in Lovely Cape Cod Setting”

Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging
Ranked #8 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Key West
“Dog Friendly in Lovely Cape Cod Setting”
Reviewed 26 July 2013

We really liked this motel. Lots of room to play with our golden retriever, very friendly staff, a great place for families with a pool and a beach. No breakfast, but we made do with the room's coffee maker, microwave and fridge.

Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Cathy S

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (69)
Cambridge, Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family (including my dog) and I just had a wonderful vacation at the Green Harbor Lodging! The accommodations are great and clean and the grounds are beautiful and well kept. We LOVED the view from the bedrooms and the beautiful, warm and clean swimming pool (definitely one of the highlights of the establishment)! It has a great location as well, it is a 5-10 minute drive from everywhere, including downtown Falmouth and Mashpee Commons. The icing on the cake is the wonderful STAFF! Milton and his wife do an outstanding job in managing every single detail which results in a wonderful stay for everyone. Last but not least being pet-friendly is a plus. To be able to spend time with our doggie, Furby, made our vacation and memories of our time spent together even more special! Thank you for everything!!!

Massachusetts
Reviewed 25 July 2013

My family and I were in Falmouth for a conference. The five of us stayed in a water view room with with a kitchenette and two queen beds and one air mattress.

The owners and front desk person could not have been nicer to us, and the rooms, grounds, pool and office were all immaculate. The location on the pond is excellent, with beautiful views.

While I was at the conference, my wife and children had easy access to Falmouth and to Menauhant Beach, a public beach with reasonable parking prices. The beach is a short (three to four minute) drive from the motel. They had a wonderful time there.

What a terrific place to stay. The staff is friendly, warm and helpful and the location is terrific. We will be staying there again.

Framingham, Massachusetts, United States
Reviewed 13 July 2013

This was our second visit to the Green Harbor Motel in East Falmouth - a well run, clean and friendly establishment where you and your pet can enjoy a small sandy beach, shady grassy outdoor spaces, and for people only, a large heated swimming pool and a shallow pool just for kids. Direct TV, AC and WIFI all available and included in the price. We stayed in a waterfront studio, a spacious room with a queen bed and a sleep sofa, and a little kitchen, complete with pots and pans, dishes and utensils, and small range with oven and a microwave which we used to reheat leftovers, even pizza from Stone L'Oven pizza,..really good hand tossed Italian style pizza, the only one we could find in Falmouth. Location is good, centrally located with an easy drive to Woodshole if you want to take the ferry to the islands, Mashpee (Mashpee commons for shopping) and Hyannis ( for bowling and Gelato) A day trip to Provincetown was an hour and a half in mixed light to heavy traffic on rte 6. But If you take one of the coastal routes you can stop in Chatham or Brewster along the way....My only regret was that there were no canoes for public use at the motel, something I thought I had remembered from my first visit there, but the paddle boat allowed for some light exercise with my teenager and views of the very tranquil shoreline and beautiful homes with private docks...

1 Thank metrowestmamom
Adirondacks, NY State
Reviewed 7 July 2013

We stayed four nights in Room 15 in early July. Our room was completely clean and updated with very comfortable beds, fridge, flatscreen, balcony (big enough to sit outside and have a meal!) and excellent air conditioning system. The pools were clean and the perfect temp for an outdoor pool. The owners take great pride in their property and are absolute pros at what they do. The landscaping and setting create a resort feel, and the owner is a wonderful concierge. I would look no further than Green Harbor for a guaranteed great spot.

Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed 24 June 2013

my husband and I spent 3 nights last week.we had a nice kitchenette and balcony overlooking the inlet and the pools.This hotel is so clean and really easy to unload the car as you drive right up to your door step! Falmouth center is nice shops and nice restaurants rsiwe went to oak bluffs for a day the ferry is 10 minutes away 20.00 each nice day I only wish we stayed 4 or 5 nights not just 3.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled as a couple
Hartford, Connecticut
Reviewed 22 June 2013

I booked two nights because they had what we needed (fridge and microwave), it was in a good location for hitting the MV ferry in the morning, and it was affordable. The person at the desk gave a lot of info on the area, and directed us to places to eat. We stayed there before things got busy, so we apparently got a room upgrade to a waterfront room. This means that your door faces the parking spot, but there is a back door to a balcony where the water view is. Since I don't have kids, this wouldn't be a place I'd personally stay during the busy season - the water view means also a view of the two pools and I imagine it would get a little noisy.

AC worked well. Beds weren't too bad. Fridge, micro and coffee maker a big plus. The front door to the room was odd....louvered glass panes and a screen. It's just a personal thing but when I stay at a hotel, I'm not there to interact with all the other guests so I didn't see the appeal to shared balconies with no privacy. I didn't use the balcony because of that, but might have otherwise. Again because this was not busy season, the pools were open but filthy. I wouldn't have used them.

This is more of an "old school" motel, and not going to be satisfactory for those used to big chain hotels. But for the price, it was very decent. My mother liked it more than I did.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Falmouth Inn
Falmouth Inn
#14 of 20 in Falmouth

Been to Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging? Share your experiences!