“Quiet relaxing get-away”

Green Harbor Waterfront Lodging
Ranked #11 of 20 Hotels in Falmouth
Reviewed 11 May 2014

My husband and I stayed at the Green Harbor last week and really enjoyed the quiet and peaceful surroundings. The pool was not open yet, because it was still too cold out. We enjoyed sitting on the balcony in the morning and taking a walk down to the water. The owners were very friendly and helpful. They have a map of the area to help you find the shopping, churches, and the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. The room was very clean and neat, and the bed was very comfortable. We will stay there again if we come back to the area in the future.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled as a couple
3  Thank ChrisandBobP2014

Reviewed 12 March 2014

I stayed at Green Harbor for a lovely three days with my mother this summer, and I really don't think I'll ever again need to look for another hotel/B&B in Falmouth. The grounds are charming, between the double sided gliders (two gliding love seats connected to each other), volleyball area, delightfully heated swimming pool (they had no problem with us taking down the dividing rope to swim laps), separate kiddie pool, beachfront with dock and fire pit, paddle and row boats, and adorable potted plants artfully scattered all over.

The rooms are well sized--ours wasn't huge, but quite spacious enough for two double beds, a desk/dresser, two chairs, microwave, mini fridge-freezer, coffee maker, large flat screen TV, closet, and of course the bathroom. I'm assuming most rooms on the second floor (looks like the first floor from the parking lot) have similar layouts. We had a balcony, which overlooks the pool/beach. The balconies are all connected in one stretch, but are divided into two room sections, so you don't feel like you're necessarily on top of your neighbors. Having glanced into some of the other rooms while walking around, there were also rooms with a queen (possibly king?) size bed, pull out couch, kitchenette and dining area, and then the usual other amenities. We didn't have any problems with the free wifi, or the DirectTV. Each room has a separate A/C unit, which are newer, pretty quiet, and adjustable via a wall control panel--more than I can say for most hotels I've been in lately. There are two vending machines (one with Pepsi based drinks and one with a variety of snacks--chips, candy, etc) and laundry facilities available to everyone. I didn't look closely enough to see if they were coin-op or not. Downstairs rooms have charcoal grills in addition to the above mentioned. There is also a driveway to bring boats right into the water--I don't know anything about getting boats into water but it seemed pretty straightforward and easy from what I observed during my stay.

Couple of things that I particularly love about Green Harbor: 1) Family owned and operated. You can see the dedication everywhere (maintenance appears to be great, rooms are well cleaned), and it really lends to the B&B feel, even in a larger setting. Everyone was incredibly friendly and helpful, even when answering our silly questions, like calling about the wifi password (oh wait, it's printed on a sign in the room--I should have looked), or coaching us through using the A/C controls (wait two seconds and it will start, make sure it's on the snowflake setting). 2) Clean! I didn't see any stains, damages, dirty floors. The bathroom floor in my room had a few scuff marks, but the floor was otherwise clean and unblemished, and smooth beneath bare feet. 3) Calm and quiet! Even with fairly large families staying along side us, Green Harbor was 100% peaceful and relaxing. The beach front is along Green Pond, which leads out to the public beaches and ocean (about a mile down the road), but I find the slight separation to be much nicer than being along the "main drag." Great for boats, kayaks, or taking out the paddle boats, and nice to see other Falmouth residents taking their boats out, or relaxing on their docks. As I currently live in busy, loud, crazy Boston, it was very nice to get some peace and quiet. 4) Convenient location. Not smack in the middle of things, but I was fine with that. It's only a few minutes' drive to Wood's Hole, to the shops and restaurants downtown, to the beach, or to the Supermarket/gas stations. What more could you need?

Rates seemed reasonable, from what I can tell. I visited in peak season, and I imagine prices are even better just before or after the busy summer season. I would love to come in late September-early October and see it in the fall! I'm sure it's gorgeous. So what are you waiting for? Stay at Green Harbor! I definitely recommend it.

Room Tip: Be sure to mention if you want to be able to grill!
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
8  Thank AlexTea
Reviewed 19 November 2013

What an amazing experience our stay was! We booked 15 rooms for a wedding in Sept. and we couldn't have been happier with our accommodations! My family & friends felt like a part of the Green Harbor family! Uncle Milty went above and beyond to accommodate us. The rooms were cozy and very clean. The beds were very comfortable and the mini kitchens were a huge hit! The pool was beautiful and relaxing. We spent our evenings at the Green Harbor beachfront area surrounding a bonfire. What could be better with family and friends? Everyone enjoyed their stay and many are planning next years vacation on the Cape with Uncle Milty and Green Harbor. Can't wait!

Room Tip: Go with the kitchen units for an extended stay. Very convenient! Lower level rooms open to the pool...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank Trish G
Reviewed 28 October 2013

I stayed here over the weekend while in town for a road race. The rooms were cute and the beds were super comfortable. The location was great because it was on the harbour and was totally peaceful. I had a great sleep and was well rested for my race! There was a good sized mini refrigerator and a microwave, which was convenient as I had brought my own meals for the trip.

The owner was so cheerful and kind. We arrived in town after a four hour drive and he let us check in a few hours early! The only recommendation I would make is for larger bath towels.

Green Harbor is a great place to stay!! I can only imagine it's even better in the warmer months.

Room Tip: I stayed in a room in the back, facing the harbor, which added to the peaceful stay.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank surf207
Reviewed 22 October 2013

I stayed at Green Harbor twice in Oct. The grounds are lovely and the rooms are VERY clean. The beds are soft and the linens fresh. You almost feel like your vacationing at a relatives place. Extremely "homie" They offer free use of their paddle and row boats to tool around in the harbor with. My boyfriend and I took a row boat out and found it very tranquil and relaxing. I would recommend this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tammyt76
Reviewed 15 October 2013

My wife and myself just spent 5 nights at our favorite resort, Green Harbor. Once again, everything was top notch! When we arrived, we were greeted by Milton and Paula, and of course Lucy. Our room was ready and in perfect condition. The entire stay was a pleasure, Rachael the housekeeper kept our room perfectly neat and clean. Our 2 dogs, Max and Daisy, love staying here, everybody treats them like royalty! We will be back once again next year, and I would highly recommend Green Harbor to anybody looking for a quiet relaxing stay in Falmouth.

Room Tip: We like the beach side rooms the best.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank bbassett
Reviewed 12 October 2013

In August six families went to this resort and we had a blast. Each family had at least two kids. Our rooms were adjacent to each other and every other room had an kitchenette that we shared. The rooms were walk in level across from the kiddie pool and the adult pool. It was easy to supervise children. They played ball. Hanged out by the swing. Our rooms were also facing the lake. The lake is beautiful and you can go out to the lake with water bicycle or little boats that the resort provided. They offer charcoal BBQ. Front of each room there were table and chairs where we ate and laughed. We had a blast! The rooms are average nothing special and the girls that cleaned the room could have done a better job cleaning. The owners of the place husband and wife is friendly too. We will definetly go back for another getaway! The location is good too! The drive to the town is short and the town had little shops and ice cream to die for. We took a boat ride to the vineyard it was great! And the bus tour of the vineyard is a must and very informative! Great seafood definetly go to the harbor! Everything about Falmouth is great! Don't forget to go to the beach!

• Stayed: August 2013