“It was a good campground”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Falmouth
Sippewissett Campground and Cabins
Gilford, New Hampshire
“It was a good campground”
Reviewed 11 July 2011

First, our family uses a campground for sleeping, cooking, and bathrooms. We don't hang around there or look for activities, we have those planned elsewhere. So, I can't say if there are fun things to do there. We use a large tent and cook on site and ride bikes all the time.

The bike path is absolutely awesome and it is a GORGEOUS 2.6 mile ride to a beach! With very little in the way of hills because this is an old, paved over train track.

The staff are just as cordial as you are to them. So, I always use my manners and get the same in return.

They have a free internet station in the store, which is awesome because cell connection is pretty sketchy there.

Campsites are very close together, which is no biggie for us, but I would rather have had more space between us. Still, the quiet times were great, you can have a fire (BONUS!), and they patrol the campground to make sure all is well.

Water spiggot nearby was cool. We get up very early and come in very late, so never any waiting for showers however.... there are not enough showers for the campground in my opinion. And they get dirty fast, though I think the staff tries to keep up with it.... the showers and sinks and floor get dirty quickly.

All in all, this was a great trip and the campground was worth the money and has a great location. The people are quite nice and it's a simple and pretty place to pitch a tent and go for a long excellent bike ride.

• Stayed July 2011, travelled with family
4 Thank Matteo9000

Solo
Business
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (5)
Southborough, Massachusetts
Reviewed 5 January 2011

Stayed in cabin with my wife and two young children.Cabin had two bedrooms and kitchen.We checked in on sunday and cabin was ready and clean.It's up to you to keep cabin clean for the week.Helpfull person at check in with maps and suggestions.We were lucky and it did not rain the entire week.Alao not very hot so we didnt need air conditioning which they dont have.The just completed adjacent bike path is beautifull.
Bring your bike,roller blades or jogging sneakers.Incredible views on way to beach ( 2 mile run )
We brought some food for the fridge and went to a supermarket so there was no need to go out for expensive long wait meals
We appreciated the FAMILY CAMP SITE so there were no late night people drinking and talking keeping our children up.
Being a camp site people were up early coming and going to there was no late sleeping in.
Make sure you buy a beach parking sticker in the office or take their free shuttle to chapoquot beach

• Stayed July 2010, travelled with family
3 Thank redlegs4545
massachusetts
Reviewed 8 September 2009

I've been to this campground many times over the years- but this year was the best because they just completed the "Shining Sea Bike Trail" which connects right from a ramp at the back of the campground. This is one of the nicest bike trails (11.5 miles) I've ever seen.
The campground is clean, affordable, friendly, and yes, as some reviews said, it can get a little crowded. Still, I have never had to wait for a shower so how bad could it be? If you look at cost of real estate and even a basic motel room on this part of the Cape, you can't complain about Sippewissett. They are very nice people, they do their best to keep a clean and reasonably quiet campground. They might be the only place left on the Cape that allows real outdoor campfires, and the location cannot be beat.

• Stayed September 2009, travelled with family
3 Thank mxtMassachusetts
Boston
Reviewed 23 July 2009

I, personally will never come here again. But to be fair, I will list out the pros and cons.

Pros:

-Friendly family-owned staff.
-Within a short distance from many beaches along the Cape.
-Closest to the ferry that take you to Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket.
-Variety of options to choose from (Cabins, Tipis, Trailers, Tent).
-Nice bike trail.
-Bathroom/Showers are clean often enough. But what do you expect from a campground?

Cons:
-NOISY: Many sites are close to the roadway. When sleeping in a tent, it's just unbearably loud.
-CRAMPED: Sites are all too small whether you get a regular or plus site. However, the staff will mention that to you before you book. So this is a con, unless you like being cozy with your neighbors.
-EXPENSIVE - I've been to a top-notched campground that charges less than this place with great amenities.
-POOR LAYOUT - I understand this is a small campground. But it's not excuse to have the showers all at one end of the campground and none on the other end. (Ask for as site map, and you'll know what I mean).
-Hard to make reservations for a party of more than 4 people. Their online reservation form does not make it easy if you have more than 4 people coming.

Good Luck!

• Liked — Nothing
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2009, travelled with friends
9 Thank JustLookinOut4U
Jamaica Plains, MA
Reviewed 12 June 2009

We had a great time. The staff was super nice - knew more than any other place we've been - felt like they wanted us to have a good time! Not a shiney new resort, but clean and lots of room for the kids to run around, have fun and most of all feel very safe. I would recommend it for anyone looking for a genuine camping experience - they even let you have campfires!

• Stayed June 2009, travelled with family
1 Thank BeachBumMum09
Mass......
Reviewed 14 July 2008

I booked a Tipi for a surprise for my kids (bad idea). When I booked it some of the questions I asked were is it totally in-closed so the bugs dont get in ( oh yes they said) What happens if it rains (it would have to rain really hard for the rain to get in , they said). Are the bathrooms clean (very clean, she said)..
So lets see the bugs were all over us all night, the rain would come in threw all the wholes in the TiPi and the bathrooms were really GROSS. I went and told the camp ground people that I was unhappy and they said TO BAD, LEAVE THEN,( we did) thats not really a great way to get people to come back.. I would not recommend this camp to anybody--dont go.........

• Liked — Free Shuttle
  • Disliked — Everything
  • Stayed July 2008, travelled with family
4 Thank Howdog
Waterloo
Reviewed 10 August 2007

We camped in a tent at this campground as a base to tour around Cape Cod. There was a good mix of tenters and trailers. The grounds are very well kept, clean and somewhat private - no sites were totally private but there are lots of trees surrounding you - so you're never right out in the open. The toilets and showers were cleaned regularily and although there are only three showers for women and three for men, we never had to wait to take a shower. This is one of the only campgrounds on the Cape that allow real campfires at night and provide fire pits - which is great. They sell fire wood or you can bring in your own. The campground was very quite - I saw campground staff patrolling the grounds at night to monitor the noise level and in the early morning as well. The staff was helpful and offer a shuttle to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard and a beach to avoid the parking costs - we choose not to do this as the times are limited as to when the drop off and pick up are. The location of the campground is ideal - it's very close (10 min. drive) to the ferry to Martha's Vineyard. It's an hour drive to the tip of Cape Cod - Provincetown (great place for whale watching!) And it's about 2 hours to get to Boston, Pylmouth and Salem - 3 hours to Glouscester. Plus there are plenty of beaches in the area as well. The campground is small but well maintained - half the trailers there I believe are there year round, and the other half is for the people just camping for a while. We'd stay there again for sure.

• Stayed July 2007, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Travellingplaces
Also consider these accommodations in or near Falmouth
Holiday Inn Cape Cod-Falmouth
#7 of 20 in Falmouth
Captain's Manor Inn
Captain's Manor Inn
#1 of 9 in Falmouth

Been to Sippewissett Campground and Cabins? Share your experiences!