My wife and I recently stayed at the Innseasons Resorts Surfside. My parents stayed back in the fall and loved every minute of it, so we figured it would be great too, but we certainly had some pros and cons to this visit.
First off, we are timeshare owners, which obviously must put us in a different category that we weren’t aware of. Upon check in, we asked if an upgrade was available, and we were told they were sold out. Off-season? Well, maybe. We were then told our room was ready and it wasn’t (in fairness they told us we could check in an hour early), so we went back to the front desk and told them that the bathroom (toilet and sink)was still dirty and so they said they’d go clean it. We then mentioned we’d consider paying for an upgrade and WOW! All of a sudden rooms were available, for $100 extra dollars! What? So we said we’d wait for it to be clean. We went out for a few hours, and returned to find out it still wasn’t clean. We called over to the manager who said things were “overlooked.” It made us very concerned about the rest of the room.
The rest of the room appeared clean, but upon further inspection, we noticed a dried blood spot on our sheets, and my wife’s socks were black from walking on the carpet. While unpacking, my wife had the light on in the bathroom, and the shade there was drawn. What a surprise to see an opening between the window and shade so large that I could see completely in there, look at the full mirror and see my wife, and shower, clearly from outside!!!!
The next morning, we went to take a shower, and the faucet in the tub was basically coming out of the wall, and water was pouring out of it. Water was barely coming out of the showerhead either. Plus when we used the conditioner on the wall, it sprayed out all over the shower curtain instead of our hand. We took all this in stride. Then they have a clothesline in the shower. We pulled that out and that was stained too.
The sink had absolutely no room to put anything on it, and on our final day, my wife was using their hairdryer and it just stopped working. It eventually worked for a couple seconds, then it shut off again. This happened 3 times! We blew a fuse three times?
We are not very picky people, and many others may have checked out upon reading this. We chose to take this in stride and make the best of it, mainly because we weren't there most of the weekend.
The pros: the property itself, indoor pool, the grounds, and location are amazing. It is located about 5 minutes from most things and attractions in the area. The area and beaches are beautiful by the way.
The cons: DO NOT stay in a studio. You get what you pay for I guess. My parents were upgraded for free. We obviously were not, but they are not timeshare owners. (oh but they got asked to buy into it) maybe that was why.
We have stayed at other Innseasons with no problems and many other resorts with great results. After this stay, what we experienced seriously makes us think twice about things.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- With the Atlantic Ocean at the front, Great Pond behind and Martha's Vineyard on the horizon, this resort is surrounded by the natural beauty. Accommodations include studios, 1 and 2 bedroom suites with fully equipped efficiency kitchens and private decks with great views. Amenities: Indoor & Outdoor Pools, Beach, Bocce Court, Shuffleboard and Tennis Court ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Hotels.com and Agoda so you can book your InnSeason Resorts Surfside reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Innseason Resorts Surfside Hotel Falmouth
- InnSeason Resorts Surfside Falmouth, MA - Cape Cod