“The wines are not good but the winery is cute”
Review of Cape Cod Winery

Cape Cod Winery
Ranked #20 of 56 things to do in Falmouth
Hudson, Massachusetts
143 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 230 helpful votes
“The wines are not good but the winery is cute”
Reviewed 18 August 2013

Our "wine guide" was a total bore though, unpleasant, almost snooty (and he really didn't know wines, probably only the ones he drinks there). The winery itself is charming, and the rest of the staff were really nice. The wines were terrible - based on my palate which is not kin to young wines or wines that are more fruit based and unstructured/lacking personality. They had a chardonnay with cranberry wine that (I don't drink chardonnays) in an emergency I would probably use for a white sangria.

Its very encouraging to see local products and people who serve the land. I wish I would've liked their wines, but I didnt. And the presenter of the morning lacked luster and charisma. He wasn't even nice - just dryly polite... and did not answer questions at all, actually a bit upset my husband would ask him about sulfites... Worth a curiosity visit once you've exhausted other things to do.

Visited August 2013

Connecticut
44 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 144 helpful votes
“Worth spending an hour or so”
Reviewed 15 August 2013 via mobile

Having vacaitioned at the cape for over 20 years, we decided to stop by Cape Cod Winery based on the TA reviews. It was worth the stop. Although very small, it is interesting walking around the vineyards, although there is no actual tour. The wine tasting is a bargain at $5.00 which includes a commemorative wine glass and $1.00 discount on purchases. My wife and two adult age children (21 and 23) sampled 6 different varieties which included some interesting varieties which were infused with fruit. Not my favorite interesting none the less. We did settle on a few which we purchased along with some items from the gift shop. All in all a nice place to visit and spend a little time and a few dollars.

Visited August 2013
3 Thank Thomas K
Bristol, Connecticut
7 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 16 helpful votes
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed 7 July 2013

Despite all the good reviews I had read on this site, I went to the Winery with relatively low expectations, as I can sometimes be picky about my wines. Both my boyfriend and I were extremely pleased with the experience. It is very affordable and we both liked every single wine that was there. The sweet wines were a natural fruity taste without the sugary taste and the red wines had wonderful smokey flavor. It was not overpriced in any way and the staff was very nice and knowledgable. The only thing lacking was the ability to sit outside and drink our new purchases. Hopefully they will be able to do this in the future, because we will definitely be back!

Visited July 2013
2 Thank Allison E
Bimini
8 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 41 helpful votes
“Very friendly!”
Reviewed 25 June 2013

The staff was very friendly, from the minute we walked in the door to purchasing the wines after. The wines are very interesting (and not in a "I don't know what else to say so I'll call them interesting" way). The cranberry chardonnay is akin to a plum wine and very tart and refreshing. The 2010 Pinot Grigio was my favorite, not too sweet but a great intense flavor. $5 for 6-7 wines and a glass, bottles are reasonably priced.

Visited June 2013
3 Thank astraykat
Williamsburg, Massachusetts
17 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 18 helpful votes
“Friendly people”
Reviewed 18 November 2012

The staff was very friendly and helpful and did a great job in explaining their product. The cranberry blended wines are very tasty and the Nobska Red, is a great tasting red, even for those who don't really care for reds and my wife really enjoyed the Pinot Grigio. It is a nice location and well worth a second trip.

Visited July 2012