“Happy homecoming”
Review of Baileys By The Sea

Baileys By The Sea
Ranked #7 of 9 Falmouth B&B and Inns
Reviewed 8 October 2013

My husband and I recently visited Falmouth so I could share with him all my memories from my time spent on the Cape when I was a teenager-- over 40 years ago. This was a very special homecoming as my summers spent on the Cape were some of the happiest of my childhood. Liz and Jerry couldn't have been more welcoming. We were greeted by Jerry who showed us all the lovely amenities of the house, including fresh-baked cookies and other treats from Liz. Bailey's by the Sea was such a comfortable place for us to come home to after long days of touring the area. Breakfast was superb; from homemade pumpkin and pecan breads to banana maple pecan waffles and yogurt fruit parfaits, everything was so delicious. The breakfast was only made better by the beautiful view of the water from the large bay windows in the breakfast area. Our room was lovely and comfortable and had a view of Martha's Vineyard. Our second day we came home we were greeted by a lovely Happy Anniversary bottle of champagne. This was a super sweet touch by our very gracious hosts. We hope to return to the Cape one day and when we do we will certainly stay at Liz and Jerry's place. We didn't want to leave.

Room Tip: Ask for the Traverse City room. It has a beautiful bay window where you can sit and watch the boats...
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 22 January 2014

Memories......it sounds like we may have added to your fond memories of Falmouth! Hopefully, it won't be another 40 years before you can come back to relive those memories! We love being a part of that & enjoy celebrating special occassions! See you in 40!

Reviewed 3 October 2013

We stayed in the lovely and comfortable Tokyo Room on the top floor overlooking the ocean towards Martha's Vineyard. What a great place that innkeeper Liz along with her husband have made to stay and live in luxury.
Liz was such a good host in providing very tasty breakfasts, telling us what to see and visit, and organising discount tickets for us on the fast ferry to Nantucket. Her hospitality, energy, and enthusiasm deserve a medal!
Falmouth is a very attractive town in Cape Cod, and I would say that we found the very best B&B in the area. Well done Liz!

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple

Thank you and it is our pleasure to provide the best stay possible. We established our B&B some 14 years ago with the purpose of sharing our special location.. Cape Cod is a unique natural history area, and we are glad you enjoyed your time at Baileys By the Sea.

Please come back soon,
Liz & Jerry Bailey

Reviewed 17 September 2013

My daughter and I stayed only one night on Sept. 11th, 2013, and was sorry we weren't staying longer after we arrived, but had planned to travel to the outer cape the next day. Liz greeted us with warmth and exuberance, and by the time we had to leave, we felt like we had known her forever. She was even nice enough to drive us down to the Falmouth ferry to go to Martha's Vineyard after breakfast. Oh, breakfast.....three courses, and the best ever. Loved you Liz, and felt like Kristen and I were leaving a good friend. Hope to come back one of these days.

Sue and Kristen, from Dallas, Texas

• Stayed: September 2013, travelled with family
lizb321, Owner at Baileys By The Sea, responded to this reviewResponded 17 January 2014

We understand that there are times when a night here & there is it - there is no more time! We were please that we were able to accommodate the limited time you had. As you know, I'm a push over for Mom & daughters! Now.... we'll have to get you back to really enjoy Baileys & what Cape Cod has to offer. Warmly, Liz

Reviewed 4 September 2013

Every thing about Baileys is superior.The location,the home itself the rooms and the unbelievable breakfasts! But,enough can't be said of Liz for her kind,patient welcoming manner,this is the perfect spot on The Cape! I will be back again and recommend to anyone visiting the area.Overall, 5 star experience!

• Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends

Thank you for the kind words! We all work very hard at making your experience special & fresh - as fresh as the ocean air & as special as we feel all our guests are. Baileys is very lucky to have the location that it does & we're so happy that you chose us! Warmly, Liz

Reviewed 30 June 2013

I can't say enough wonderful things about Baileys by the sea. We traveled with 2 teenagers utilizing the adjoining rooms Worcester and Calgary. The beds and pillows were extremely comfortable. The breakfast was unlike any other breakfast I have received while traveling. Everything was home-ade and delicious. The patio area over-looking the Vineyard sound and Martha's vineyard was nothing short of spectacular. Our family was treated as part of their family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

Baileys unique layout makes it an interesting B&B and gives us the opportunity to be able to accommodate families. The adjoining room option is perfect for this. It was a pleasure meeting your family & seeing you enjoying time together. It was especially great having you test out the new patio furniture & enjoy the breeze & the views! Liz

Reviewed 21 June 2013

My mom & I stayed at Bailey's and out of all my travels around, I have never stayed at a more beautiful, friendly place! Everything was 5 star, from rooms, to home , the view, the fresh baked goodies/breakfast/nightcaps..oceanview, you name it they had it. It truely was the best place I have ever stayed in my whole life.. I will def go back there again some day. Liz, made you feel like a family friend that you've known forever~~ and all the girls that helped there too, were so sweet...Thank-you Baileys for making this trip a memorible one for my mom & me...xoxo
Marianne & Mary Kight

Room Tip: They ALL were great..
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled with family

I know I've said this before. Mother daughter getaways are special. Having lost my Mom many years ago, I only had 1 chance to have a getaway with her. Each time a Mom & Daughter come I get to relive that great getaway I had with my Mom. Thank you for Baileys!

Reviewed 17 June 2013

We can't say enough about Bailey's by the Sea. Not only is it quaint, but the owners make it feel like home. They are so warm and inviting... the entire staff is, really! And it meant a lot to us that they remembered us 5 years later. Our first trip was to celebrate our engagement and 5 years later, we came back to celebrate our 5th wedding anniversary. For them to remember us like we were old friends really says alot about how they try and get to know all of their guests like family.

• Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple

Time really flies & we certainly appreciate that you chose to come back to Baileys to celebrate your anniversary. It says a lot about you as a couple that you took the time to get away & celebrate! We love to celebrate with you! Wait - ! We love to celebrate anytime, anything & anybody! Hears to the next 5, 10, 15++++years! Warmly, Liz